Windows Installer not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Installer not Updating

I got a strange problem lately, first the updater wont update the addon. Second i've manually downloaded the new version and it still says their is a new package available :S. and it keeps saying that afther hitting the update button.

Not long ago there was an issue exactly like this one.
    If you did a manual install, then you have the latest version of the guide.
    Ill Keep this thread open so the tech team can figure out why this is happening again.

Thank you for reporting it.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

The updater always tells me there's a new package available. Maybe because I always use the zip file to install the guides and I modify some files for default settings and custom guides. If your guide version is the most current I wouldn't bother about this. Maybe this goes away after using the updater to download.

Comment

I always used to install/update with the Updater and suddenly It do not work as intended. I don't think this is normal behaviour from the updater. I can't even install from scratch with it It just doesn't installs the addon.

Comment

I believe this is all back-end stuff with the download repository causing the problems. It would be the only reasonable explanation why some have problems and others don't.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Some reported that the addons folder setting got lost in the updater with some update. Check if all settings are correct in your updater.

Comment

All the settings are still their. I tried it on another computer and their it works properly. So I'm getting curious what program is blocking it. Both PC's got the same antivirus and firewall software.

Comment

Have you tried un-installing the Updater and then installing it again?

Comment

It does not even install the updater at all..

Comment

Definitely something odd going on, but I have no guesses as to what could be doing it. Have you tried to disable your antivirus program while trying to run the updater? I know that Bitdefender has had some issues with the updater in the past.

Comment

Funny you mention Bitdefender because i do have that installed. But disabaling it doesnt solve it. I just got an idea, run pc in Safe Mode and try it.

Ok solved it, I ran my pc in safe mode but that didn't work out because of my wireless receiver not working in that.

But I uninstalled Bitdefender and it Works again, I was running the latest version 2011. Now I'm going to reinstall Bitdefender because that's why it is working downstairs on the laptop. So for everybody with the same problem:

Uninstall Bitdefender > Install Zygor > Reinstall Bitdefender.
                      Last edited by DarkPhalanx; July 3, 2011, 05:38 PM. Reason: Solved

Comment

Please let us know if there's any more problems between the updater and Bitdefender. I believe the updater has been submitted to Bitdefender (not sure) to get it put onto the white list, but this has been causing quite a few a bit of a headache.

Comment

Small update:

My method to "fix'' it doesn't work, it does not update the guide anymore.

Comment

If it worked without Bitdefender and does not work with it there must be some settings in the Bitdefender firewall that prevent the updater from connecting to the server. Is there no way to permit certain applications in the Bitdefender firewall settings?

Apart from that you can always use the manual installation zip file and extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder.

Comment

Well it already says the updater is alowed so thats why it is so strange it blocks it. But I already used the manual install workaround. Just posting this incase someone else is experiencing the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X