Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Launch Wow

I literally cannot launch Wow.

Clicking on the Icon or anything else will not launch the game.

What next?

If nothing happens when you click the Launch WoW button in the Zygor Updater check the settings. Is the WoW directory set correctly?
    If your normal WoW icon does not start the game there's either something wrong with your WoW installation or it points to a wrong folder. On Windows 7 you can rightclick the icon and select show target folder or something similar, I only have a german Windows. On XP rightclick the icon, go into the properties and there you have the same as a button at the bottom. If nothing happens the target location is wrong. Delete the old shortcut, look for your WoW folder and hold the ALT key while dragging the launcher.exe to your desktop to create a new shortcut.

Comment

To check folder location on Windows 7 right click the icon and select Open file location. To create a desktop shortcut faster right click the file and select send to and it will expand then select Desktop and it will create a shortcut.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far but I'm sorry I didn't make my situation clear.

If I launch from either an icon or the Zygor box, both will bring up the initial screen with the "Play" button. However, when I click on the Play button, the screen goes away but nothing else happens. The next screen due up, with the select character option, never does appear. In other words, after clicking the play button, the game does not go anywhere, or give an error message . . . just . . . nothing.

Comment

Try re-installing/updating your DirectX installation. Possibly have a corrupted DX file.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yea I just bought the guide about 1 hour ago. Wonderful and clean so far. I am having the same problem as what this dude is on about though. So I havn't yet been able to use the guide in-game! :<. Not that I'm complaining looks very nice. :3 But do you have a solution? Has anyone? thxxx

Comment

If WoW does not start up you can try starting it with the wow.exe file from the WoW folder. If this also does not work try the repair.exe.

Comment

Hey Cartman! I didn't check my emails this morning lol but shortly after I posted I tried what you said and it works a charm! Thanks! Loving the guide! it's awesome!! so easy to use too. i'm going to write up a testimonial now lol. <3

Comment

Thanks for everybody's help. Since I've been not able to fix the WoW install, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled and it seems to be working fine now. However, seems that the uninstall also wiped out my Zygor installation so I'm going to have to reinstall that one too. Hope this did not wipe out any necessary Zygor files.

Comment

If uninstalling WoW deleted the content of the WTF folder this only resets the guide and talent advisor options. You just have to select guide and talent build again.
                    The Zygor updater settings are in the Windows registry so they should be correct. But check these before reinstalling the guide.

Comment

There's a known issue with World of Warcraft itself that causes the launcher not to work for some people and work for others.

If it happens again, try launching the Zygor updater and point it at wow.exe instead of launcher.exe. Zygor can then act as a launcher for you.

Comment

Thanks Bomyne, that worked for me!

Comment

Working...
                        X