CreateMacro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CreateMacro

Not entirely sure why you are creating a macro (seems to be targeting but no mention of it in the update notes) but if your character specific macros tab is full you receive the error below (I had 5 free macro slots in the general tab).
    Code:
    1x ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\Goal.lua:1173: CreateMacro() failed, already have 36 macros
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\Goal.lua:1173: in function `OnEnter'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\Step.lua:409: in function `OnEnter'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:516: in function `FocusStep'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:703: in function `SkipStep'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:862: in function `TryToCompleteStep'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.2432\Skins\midnight\ViewerFrame.lua:783: in function <...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFrame.lua:591>

nil

Locals:
    table: 3EAF1898
    There should be a check in place when creating the macro which would attempt to use the general tab if the character tab is full and show a message if both are full such as
    Code:
    if macro==0 then
      local numMacros, numPlayerMacros = GetNumMacros()
      if numPlayerMacros == 18 and numMacros == 36 then
        DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("There are no free slots for Zygor Guides to create the macro.", 1, 0, 0)
      elseif numPlayerMacros == 18 then
        macroTab = nil
      else
        macroTab = 1
      end
      macro = CreateMacro(macroname,self.macroicon or (self.macrosrc and self.macrosrc:find("showtooltip") and 1) or 656,macrosrc,macroTab)
    end
    edit: above code is only an example, in game it spams the message and errors non-stop when both tabs are full.

edit: fix above seemed to work until I updated to 2450, now it doesn't.

That would probably be for the Magic Key/Spam Key that was just introduced.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      That would probably be for the Magic Key/Spam Key that was just introduced.
      I am having the same problem as the original poster, and need my macro limit on several toons. Is there an option in the Zygor Guide to turn off the macro function?

Comment

I don't think there is a way to turn it off. If you can free up any character specific macro slots and move them to general it should stop the error for now.

Comment

I'd run into that limit as well, on several toons, especially my hunters and healers, as I have macroed /startattack into most of my openers and use @mouseover with my "friendly" spells. I do have a few global macro slots free, but personal ones are on back order with Blizzard.
          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
          The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I've personally never run into that kind of problem as I have very few macros that I use. For my healers I use VuhDo and that takes care of all spell issues for mouseover stuff. On my hunters I've only used a couple of macro spots for pet attack and pet back off along with one being used by CreatureComforts addon.

Comment

For my healers I use VuhDo
              The beauty of using my rather simple macros is, that I don't need to mess with bloated things like VuhDo, HealBot, etc. Besides, the less I use mouse clicks, the better - a long stint as a software engineer working with crappy GUI's has left me a bit of a wreck (RSI). So the healing abilities are keybound and kinda have to be used with @mouseover macros.

On my hunters I've only used a couple of macro spots for
              Some of the hunter macros are leftover from the happy pre 4.0.1 days, but they've come in handy with the changes to hunter targeting. A /startattack in the macro works wonders for both targeting and autoshot.

On my rogues, a /startattack with the most attacks works wonders for fast play, while having premeditation macroed into the openers, removes a step from the process of attacking.

CreatureComforts addon.
              Come to think of it. I've been having some problems with that lately. Doesn't seem to find food for my pets. Must be keeping the wrong kinds of food in stock.
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.

Comment

I use stuff like VuhDo and Healbot simply because I figured if I'm gonna have to move the mouse to hover over a nameplate, group member listing, etc. I might as well just click the damn mouse too. I've also found VuhDo to be wonderful for Smite healing because I can bind in Smite for a left click on the main tank's target in the VuhDo window and then I barely have to move the mouse at all if the tank needs a heal.

Comment

I might as well just click the damn mouse too
                  Well, I use the mouse (not WASD) for moving and if I set the tank as my focus, I only have to use the mouseover part for healing the other party members, handling alll the tank healing with @focus. That mechanism works fine for misdirects and tricks of the trade as well.

For me, having abilities bound to left or right click, is a waiting disaster - I'm bound to screw it up when I move
                  QQ

Comment

Can't really screw it up with Healbot as it has a window that you can customize. The spells you set for your clicks only work when your cursor is in the healbot window.

Comment

I understand what you mean ping, I personally use the WASD keys for movement but use a hold-right-click and mouse for turning the viewpoint and getting my toons to face whatever they need to face. As dulak said, VuhDo and Healbot mouse clicks only work when your mouse is over their specific 'raid sized' unit frames, and I think also when the mouse is over the group frame. Never have to worry when clicking a move about setting something off unless you click over top of one of those frames. With VuhDo I have (on a priest) shield, regen, penance, flash heal, greater heal, etc. all setup with a combination of left and right mouse clicks and combinations (or lack thereof) of shift, alt, ctrl keys. All I normally have to do is move into healing range of the group and just stand there with the mouse over the unit frame and click out some heals with an occasional key press to go with the click, then move again once everything is dead.

Of course everyone has their own specific method for doing things, but you might want to consider giving it a try at least as it saves tons of macros.

Comment

you might want to consider giving it a try
                        For once, I'll try to be serious for a while

I did at one time try out VuhDo, and it confused the (whatever) out of me. You see, all those possibilities and, at level quite low, not enough experience with healing to see which spells to focus on, to put where, and, very important for me, keep there.

You see, ADHD is both a blessing and a curse. Yes, it HAS some very positive sides for me. One of the side effects for me, is that it is very easy to learn things, but at the same time, it is also very difficult to un-learn things - I'm the ultimate creature of habit - which is why I positively and with a passion hate many of the changes that came with 4.0.1. But that's not the issue.

The issue is, that, due to that limitation, I'd need to put the final setup in place from day one, and I'd have a hard time changing it later. The placement of abilities would also have to be logical to me. That's a bit hard to do at lower levels, as you don't have the full picture.

The macros, on the other hand, are easy to manage, as there are many more keys on the keyboard than buttons on the mouse.

Now, that was healing. Not that I've done a lot of healing lately, as I've grown rather discontent with the persistently obnoxious pug tanks.

The other classes where I use a lot of macris, are hunters and rogues, where I macro some abilities together, something that I doubt VuhDo, HealBot, and the others can handle. Thus I'm left with quite a few personal macros, as Blizzard, in their infinite lack of wisdom, still haven't implemented class macros

p.s.

It may be of value to start a new thread, discussing the setup of VuhDo and/or HealBot, Grid, etc. for the different classes and specs. I sincerely doubt, that I'm the only one who would like to see your discipline setup (you did say smite-healing) and learn the rationale behind your binds.
                        QQ

Comment

Hehe, I actually haven't done a whole lot of healing lately either due to the PUG headache. Unfortunately, for my Disc priest I set it up that the only leveling done for the priest was in dungeons from level 15 and up. This means the poor priest hasn't seen any loving in quite some time.

And I kinda agree and understand the creature of habit reference. I still refuse to touch my hunters (of which my highest toon was a hunter before Cata) since they took away the mana.

And I never understood why Blizzard decided to limit the number of macros one could have. If they were saved in a simple text document in your WTF folders it would be simple to have as many macros as you want.

Comment

the only leveling done for the priest was in dungeons from level 15 and up.
                            Same here. Had a lot of fun playing the priest as a healer in dungeons. Usually came out of places like ZFK with 10-15% of all damage done - as a healer ;o) Then came 4.0.1, where Blizzard took my spells away. Tried a bit of atonement healing, but got booted from several groups for doing DPS - they didn't see that I was healing them at the same time. Kind of lost interest after that.

I recently took him out of mothballs, as I wanted to boost professions. Found out that a disc priest still packs quite a wallop and doesn't have the same mana management problems that a shadow priest has. On with PW:S, and you can zap them in peace. Tore through the first parts of Hellfire at 59, like a knife through butter, without one single death. I only once was more than 1k down in health, and that was when I forgot to PW:S before attacking.

I still refuse to touch my hunters (of which my highest toon was a hunter before Cata) since they took away the mana.
                            Read you loud and clear. My main was a MM hunter, and it's a rare day that I play it. I cannot get even close to the damage I did before 4.0.1. I have some success playing my other hunter (BM) in PVP, but it's just not the same. And I really mis having AOE. Multi Shot? Pfft! Wouldn't bother me, if they removed that piece of ....

And I never understood why Blizzard decided to limit the number of macros one could have. If they were saved in a simple text document in your WTF folders it would be simple to have as many macros as you want.
                            Macros are stored online, with an offline copy. If you edit the offline copy, the online copy is updated with the changes.

It's a matter of reducing storage requirements. Pure beancounter consideration, if you ask me, as we pay enough to finance having an entire personal harddisk each.
                            QQ

Comment

Working...
                            X