Update causing graphics hitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update causing graphics hitches

With the updated guide loaded, my graphics will pause/hitch for a moment every second. It's like a heartbeat. When the guide hides in combat, everything is smooth; no pause, no hitch.

Attached is a bug-report from my guide (as I can't post it inline). This is VERY distracting and will likely cause me to stop using this guide if it continues.
    Attached Files

Did you try it with only the guide enabled and all other addons disabled?
    I'll do some quests now and see if the big guide update works on my PC.

Comment

One other possibility is that there have been some corrupted files lately with updates. Not the new files themselves being corrupted but when stuff gets replaced sometimes it's not unpacked correctly. To see if this is the cause do a complete wipe and fresh install of the guides. To do this go into your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the 2 Zygor folders. Then go into your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the 4 files that start with Zygor. Once that is done run the Updater and install the guides fresh.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm currently doing the midsummer quests and have no lag problems. I'll see what happens later when doing the Firelands quests...

Comment

I was having the same problem and followed the advice of cabby. The graphics no longer pause but the whole game is being slowed by the viewer causing lua errors trying to create macros. Looked through the options to turn that off, as I wouldn't use them anyway. Probably going to have to roll back to an earlier version. This one seems to be messed up big time. I've accepted quests and it doesn't see that's done. The same for turning them in.

Comment

This macro thing currently is causing some trouble when you already have lots of macros.
            I only have 3-4 macros so that may be the reason why I don't see any performance problems.

Comment

I am seeing the vid pause every second or so but I have noticed that it occurs most when I am doing a kill count quest. If I am on a quest turn in or something like that, the video pausing doesn't occur or is less noticeable. I also found that when 'hide on combat' is active and the guide is hidden, everything is smooth. I will try the guide reset as suggested and report my findings.

Comment

I reset the install as described above and it didn't seem to make much difference. It does seem to be more of an issue on kill count quests than anything else.

Comment

I too have this problem, I have done a complete repair install, even after deleting the the things in the saved variable part. I even tested to see if it was any other addon conflicting by turning all the other ones off. Like some others, it often happens when I have to kill multiple mobs (different kinds like the ghosts mobs in Hellfire Outland), the rest of the guide is pretty much smooth.

Comment

Have you tried to delete everything inside the WoW/Cache folder to see if there is a corrupted cache file?

Comment

I tried clearing the wow cache and it didn't make any difference.

Comment

I second flatbrokeisme. I have done likewise and it still persists.

Comment

Ok, that means I'm fresh out of ideas on any causes that might not be code related. Guess we'll have to let zgdev look in the code to see if there might be something that's causing this.

Comment

I have deleted full zygor in interface/addons and all zygor info in the wtf folders and still cannot update to the version of zygors 3.2.2462 only get 3.2.2459 version, any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by pods View Post
                              I have deleted full zygor in interface/addons and all zygor info in the wtf folders and still cannot update to the version of zygors 3.2.2462 only get 3.2.2459 version, any ideas ?
                              Go here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...2&goto=newpost
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X