CreateMacro Issue in 2450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CreateMacro Issue in 2450

Don't seem to be getting the previous bug any more however if the character specific macros tab is full I receive the following error and steps for the selected guide are either blank or showing (step collapsed).
    Deleting a macro from the character tab seems to fix this however my previous statement still stands.

Originally posted by amemir View Post
    There should be a check in place when creating the macro which would attempt to use the general tab if the character tab is full and show a message if both tabs are full.
    Code:
    152x ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2\Goal.lua:1135: CreateMacro() failed, already have 36 macros
    <in C code>
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2\Goal.lua:1135: in function "Prepare"
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2\Goal.lua:26: in function "GetStatus"
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2\Goal.lua:89: in function "UpdateStatus"
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2\Step.lua:40: in function "IsComplete"
    ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-3.2.lua:823: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:794>
    (tail call): ?
    <in C code>
    <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":5
    (tail call): ?
    ...\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-5.lua:164: in function <...\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:138>

Locals:
    nil

Update: Cleared a few macro slots in the character tab and started doing Firelands dailies, got through the portal, no errors, picked up a few quests and then when it gopt to step 39 in the Alliance guide it just went crazy and created 5 macros only 2 of which were actually needed (2 and 5).

The quests I picked up were
    Aggressive Growth
    Burn Victims
    Hostile Elements and
    Traitors Return
    The Macros it created were

ZGVMacro2
    /target Charred Soldier
    /target Charred Vanquisher

ZGVMacro4
    /target Charred Combatant

ZGVMacro5
    /target Druid of the Flame

ZGVMacro6
    /target Lava Burster

ZGVMacro7
    /target Ancient Charhound

I urge you to pull this feature until it is actually working or at least either default it to off or add an option to toggle it off as I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Same error. (36 macros blah blah) And I cannot fastforward with r-click. It moves only one steo. As soon as I free one macro spot in character tab -- looks like it is working.

PS. I have lots of slots in general tab. Why do not use them? On the other side IMO ninja macro creation is not elegant :/

Comment

This was fixed in version 2457. Spots are used from General if Character is full, or not used at all if there are no free spots.

There isn't any way to provide users with some functions like targeting mobs or casting profession spells, other than ninja macro creation. On request an option to suppress all macro-dependent functionality could probably be added, but we didn't think it'd be a big problem if macro creation and deletion happened (cleanly) out of sight.

Comment

I love Zygor guides and have been a loyal customer for years without a single complaint posted until this macro function was added. These new macro problems virtually are making the guides unusable for me at this point. I go to tank on my pally and several of my action bar slots have been replaced with Zygor guide macros so I can't even use most of my abilities without opening up my spell book and clicking! I tried manually deleting all the Zygor macros and putting my tank macros back in their correct places on my action bar and the Zygor macros re-create as I go through my dailies, and replace my other macros on my action bar slots again! Please, please, please remove this feature entirely ASAP or give us the ability to toggle it off. The minuscule benefit isn't worth the nightmare.

Comment

A work around for this problem right now is to have 4 empty macro slots in your character macro tab. Move some out to the general tab if you need to. Once you have those empty slots in the character tab it should stop trying to over-write stuff.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This should not be happening anymore.

Since version 2457 (current is 2468) the addon should use free macro slots in the character-specific tab, if there are none there then use global slots, and silently fail if there are no slots available at all.

The addon would never, ever replace any of your own macros, or change their order. If that happens, it's a serious bug we haven't found in our testing. In that case, please try to post some screenshots or detailed descriptions of what happens and when.

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post
              Since version 2457 (current is 2468) the addon should use free macro slots in the character-specific tab, if there are none there then use global slots, and silently fail if there are no slots available at all.

The addon would never, ever replace any of your own macros, or change their order. If that happens, it's a serious bug we haven't found in our testing. In that case, please try to post some screenshots or detailed descriptions of what happens and when.
              I made room for the ZG macros, so not having room isn't my problem at this point. It's that ZG still is removing the macros I have on my action bars and replacing them with the ZG macros. I disabled the add-on altogether until this feature is removed or made optional. However, I will re-enable and post screenshots if that helps you fix it. I really don't want the macros at all though and feel strongly that in addition to fixing the bug, Zygor should make this an optional feature rather than mandatory. Even if working properly, not everyone wants it using their macro slots for a simple target macro.

Comment

Okay, here are some before and after screen shots showing how Zygor is removing several of the macros I have bound to my action bars and occasionally putting a Zygor macros there instead. All add-ons are disabled except Zygor, so it isn't another addon conflicting with Zygor. It is happening throughout the Firelands dailies and happens continuously; once I place my macros back on my action bar, Zygor removes them again. I have to disable Zygor.

My action bar before:

My action bar after:

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post

Is there any update regarding status of a fix date for this "serious bug" since I provided the requested screen shots and descriptions of when it occurs?

Comment

Update your guides. This has been fixed an no other reported problems for a while.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                    X