Zygor and Carbonite error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor and Carbonite error.

When I choose Zygor's Carbonite function for my waypoints, The region coordinates do not seem to work properly.

Specifically, each region has a set of coordinates, and while the coordinates are correct for that region, it can't seem to understand the region I'm in.

For example, If Zygor says "Go to Howling Fjord, 55,53" and I'm in let's say Icecrown, the coordinates will point me to 55,53 in Icecrown and not Howling Fjord.

I have both Zygor and Carbonite fully updated, this seemed to happen pretty recently though. Any help is appreciated.

Yes for now Carbonite and TomTom are not working well with the Guide. Switch to the Built-In Waypointer and use that instead for now.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you prefer the Carbonite arrow go into the Carbonite options and make sure that 'Emulate TomTom arrow' is checked. With that the only problem I've had is when first logging into the game the arrow points off to La-La Land but can be easily fixed with a quick click on the top line of the guide to set the current step's coordinates.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

cabby I have that checked and it doesn't work. Have the newest version of carbonite also.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Yea, the routing and such with carbonite seems to be broken. I've tried everything under the sun to get it working and no dice. Not sure what caused it to break but it won't work with Zygor, Archy, or itself for that matter. Won't route gathering nodes or anything. Goto option doesn't work either.

Comment

Huh, it's been working perfectly fine for me in EK. Maybe it has something to do with Northrend?

Comment

Nope. I started leveling my Rogue last night through the EK was in Silverpine Forest and it didn't work there either.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Makes me wonder exactly why you have a problem and I don't. Maybe it's because I have an Ace3 library by itself which is updated differently from the stuff that's embedded with Carbonite and Zygor and since it's a stand alone library it's used instead of the embedded ones.

Comment

Nope have that also by itself and the newest version of that also.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

As TomTom support is broken at the moment beacuse of the changes to the waypoint system (new Astrolabe) this may also happened to Carbonite support.

Comment

We know that Cartman but were trying to figure out why cabby works kind of but some other peoples don't even work with the work around.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mine works somewhat similar to what cabby's experience is except for the clicking to get the points in the right place (and everything within Carbonite works fine for me). Only issue I have with the waypointing is it only creates them in the current zone. I.e. I'm in Stormwind and it wants me to go to 20,40 in Elwynn, it'll mark to 20,40 in SW as if you did a "/carb goto 20,40" instead of "/carb goto Elwynn 20,40" (which again works fine in my configuration).

I'm using Carbonite 4.2 and Ace libs embedded.

Comment

Yeah, the only problem I have with mine is when I first log in the arrow isn't pointing to the right spot. All I do is click the coordinates line in the current step to set it to the proper spot and then it works perfectly normal the rest of the time.

Right now I have Ace3 r1032 and Carbonite 4.2. I don't know what else might be helping me except maybe because I have an old TomTom v40000-1.0.9 install that I don't use but it's still in the AddOns directory. Don't know why that would help since it isn't even loaded when I play but you never know.

Comment

Might be mystically pulling something from the TT path. I just killed off the embedded Ace libs and used r1032 as standalone and it still only creates waypoints in the current zone no matter how many times I click the coordinates in the step. So, the only difference (any other addons aside) between yours and mine is the old TT leftovers.

Comment

If anyone would like to try it with the older TomTom you can find it over at CurseForge.
                              http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tomtom/files/?page=2

Remember, it's 1.0.9 from right after Cata was released.

Comment

Working...
                              X