Not able to update from trial to horde leveling guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to update from trial to horde leveling guide

I just came back to WoW and wanted to try the Zygors guides. I first installed the trial guide and really enjoyed it so I purchased the horde guide and updated it to the 1-85 guide.

I am having problems updating. When I attempt to update and I go into WoW I still have nothing besides the trial guide. I am running windows 7 so I am not able to find a direct uninstall, reinstall.

I have attempted these things

"Some people have reported that downloading a new installer from the members area helps. Have you tried deleting everything to do with Zygor's and downloading a new installer from the members area? Delete the 2 Zygor folders in the Addons folder in your world of warcraft folder. Delete the Zygorupdater.exe in there too. Also delete the 4 Zygor files in the Saved Variables folder in your wtf/account/accountname different for everbody folders. After you delete all of them try downloading a new updater from the members area. After downloading open it up and make sure your user name and password are in the setting section of the updater and then click either update or install and see if that fixes it"

Then I tried to reinstall out of members area and then I get stuck in the loop of the update and I have attempted this

The version number was not changed in the ver.lua file so the Updater thinks you still have the old version. As long as you have attempted to update the guides then you do have the latest version. For people with the Updater stuck in a loop go to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer folder and edit the Ver.lua file. On the 3rd line replace the 2459 with 2462 and then save it. This will allow the Updater to know you have the latest version and stop all the looping.

I beleive if I could figure out a way to totally uninstall and re install with signing into the installwe with my username and password it would fix the solution but am having problems doing so.

Please help

Kawty

are you using the zygor updater?
    [URL="http://www.livestream.com/15501258"]Watch my live stream :)[/URL]

[COLOR="darkorange"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR]!

[COLOR="darkorange"]Halcius [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]DK [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]Paally [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Pally [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]Warthan [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]62 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]

Comment

Hold the shift key when you double click to launch the Updater. This will stop the looping and allow you to make settings changes. Once the Updater is open click on the Settings tab, enter your Zygor website username and password into the proper boxes, un-check the Automatic box at the bottom, click OK, then click Repair. This will get you updated to the purchased guides but it will still show as being version 2459 instead of 2462 which you can then ignore that until there is a newer version of the guide.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Worked like a champ! Thank you guys

Comment

Should be able to update without issues now. :-)
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
          X