Upgrading my membership - ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading my membership - ?

OK, a year or more ago I bought the WoTLK Alliance guide because I was leveling up a dwarf hunter. Well, a couple of realms later and now I have a level 67 orc hunter that I want to use the Zygor guides with.

When looking at my membership, I can upgrade the Alliance guide (to Cataclysm I guess) for $20, I can buy the Horde guide for $40, but that's all. So...if I really want to get the Cataclysm 1-85 guides for both Alliance and Horde, I have to pay $60? That's the price as if I never owned any leveling guide at all.

Isn't there some sort of discounted upgrade for current customers?

Sadly there's no special discount for owners of one faction guide.
    But hey, I remember that Brian Kopp sold the WotLK upgrade in addition to the ingame guide for more than the total price for a new customer...

Comment

Well, for a new customer it's $60 for both 1-85 guides. I have the option to upgrade my alliance guide for $20, and buy the horde guide for $40. $60 total. Same as a new customer. Oh well. Thought maybe that my money was worth something since I was a customer. Guess not.

Comment

I think that Zygor is looking into changing some of the pricing stuff around soon. Maybe when the Professions guide is released. You might want to wait until the Professions guide is released (which should hopefully be in the next few weeks) and see if there is any special deals at that time or if there is a change of the pricing.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, I have mostly Horde characters, so I guess I'll just spend the $60 anyway to upgrade all of them. OH well.

Comment

Well.. try to look on the bright side some. There are those of us (myself included) who originally paid $50 per faction before WotLK came out, had to spend some more to upgrade those, then spent again to upgrade to Cata.

Comment

Think of it like this then; you were smart enough to get the guide back in the day, and had a max toon before most, and could start to gear it up before most.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Haha, you forget my alt-a-holism that prevents me from getting a max toon.

Comment

No sir, I didnt. You my friend are a rare breed. But I must say, not only do you have fun in game, but it makes your input in here that much more reliable.
                  I still take credit for your first "max" toon. the "" was because I doubt that hunter is 85 now. LOL
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Nope, with the changes made to the hunter class the hunter is still sitting at 80. Once they bring back my mana and Viper then I'll consider maxing out the hunter again.

If I get myself to sit and play more I still might be able to take my mage or warlock up to 85, just been too lazy to fire up WoW for playing the last week or so other than testing skin stuff.

Comment

Good points all. I play mostly Horde anyway, so I bought/upgraded to the CATA Horde for $40. I'm sure it's well worth it. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X