Talent Advisor Doesn't Work Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Advisor Doesn't Work Anymore

Just what the title says. I've got the addon enabled, have checked it on all of my toons, done a repair and still nothing. I'd post an error message but I haven't gotten one. I've also went through and disabled all addons but Zygors and it's still not working. Suggestions?

Try resetting it by deleting the two ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua in the saved variables folder.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hadn't thought of that one. Figured that when you done the repair option it took care of that for you. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

-EDIT-

Deleted them no dice. As much as I don't want to, I may end up having to do a fresh addon install...Would much rather avoid that as I've just now gotten my UI setup the way I like it. It's simple, it's segzy and quite functional.

Comment

You don't need to wipe all your other addon's settings.
        If it doesn't work when only the Zygor addons are active the problem lies elsewhere.

If you checked that the advisor is active for all characters (can easily be overlooked if an addon is disabled only for some characters as the box in the addons screen is checked in silver instead of gold) take a look at the addons options if there is the section for the talent advisor.
        If the options are there but the advisor is missing at the talents screen you can try deleting or moving the blizzrad_talentui folder from the addons folder to force the game to rebuild this. Maybe the talent frame is messed up.

Comment

Well, turns out I overlooked one addon: Bison. Seems that when it's on, the talent advisor will NOT show up. I disable it and it works fine. Not sure what is causing it to do this though.

Comment

What exactly is Bison supposed to do? Never heard of it.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Looks like it's some kind of buff display:
              http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/bison.aspx
              The interesting thing is that some people have problems with Satrina's Buff Frames and the Zygor addon:
              http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?11407-Latest-update-breaks-SBF-addon
              Maybe both problems are related.

Comment

I have been using SBF for some time now, and have yet to have a single issue with it. What exactly are ppl experiencing?
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I went from SBF to Bison due to SBF having all the buff frames up all the time instead of just when I had a buff in that spot. Then Bison caused my talent advisor to not show up when it was supposed to. So now, I'm just using stock blizz buff frames...Don't much like the lack of custom options for them but whatever. I was a long time user of Elkano's Buff Bars but due to them not using some kind of frame, you can't click buffs off with them anymore.

Comment

Did you try installing ACE3 as a separate addon? This seems to fix the SBF problem, maybe it helps in your case also.
                    You can get it here:
                    http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/

Comment

Yep. Had Ace3 installed when it was doing it. Still have it installed lol

Comment

Working...
                      X