This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

client login problem

Attached is a picture which explains the problem. I'm currently logged in to the member zone and forum on zygorguids.com, but I cant seem to login to the client with same username password. Have tried to change the password, but still I get "username and password are incorrect. Trial user status assumed"

client login problems.jpg

Currently the Updater has problems with special characters in the password such as ~!@#$%^&*(). Try changing your password to letters and numbers only and that should fix it.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

only got letters and numbers ^_^

Comment

Hmmm... Running it as an administrator?

Comment

yes, running as admin
          *and I've been running the client for almost a year without this problem

Comment

Oh, did you just install any anti-virus software lately? There is a known conflict with BitDefender that doesn't allow the Updater to work properly.

Comment

no, this is a new system with clean install from yesterday. Have also tried the updater on my laptop, same problem.

Comment

When you said you tried changing the password do you mean in the Members Area or just re-typing it into the Updater settings?

Comment

members area ofc. and tried with the "new" pw in updater. Still the same problem

Comment

Huh.. I'm at a loss with this one. From everything you've said it should be working perfectly fine. The only suggestion I have left is to try re-entering the username and password in the settings just in case something is screwy there. Only other thing I can think of is if a firewall is preventing it from connecting right.

Comment

I am having the same problem. Never had an issue before, but since earlier today Zygor assumed TRIAL status because of 'wrong password/account name' (I can log into the member area though and have changed my pw to try another one, but still nothing)

Comment

I've tried everything now, even tried to change username, but still wouldn't work, so I'm guessing it's not a user problem, then rather a problem with zygor's database.

Comment

Checked my Updater and it also says wrong password.
                          Seems to be something server related.
                          Just use the manual installation zip file and extract it to the WoW\Interface\Addons folder until this is fixed.

Comment

For tracking purposes, I figured I would post. Same issue and error message, no recent changes to my PC at all. Worked fine last night, but not working today.

Comment

Same problem here but it started after I upgraded the horde guide to cata?
                              Now all I can get is trial guides so am using manual install atm an thats working fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X