yet one more problem with this thing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet one more problem with this thing!!!

Re-posting, last one came off a little harsh.

Ok, so I admit that I've had a few issues with zygor guide in the past and this is just one more little thing that is annoying the hell outta me.

So I managed to get zygor guide to install and working. Then the cata expansion was being a pain in the rear and finally got that working. Loved the talent guide when that came out, looking back at some of my other posts realized that was a huge thing. But now I have a totally new problem that is driving me insane. When I log in, it shows that guide viewer is loaded, yet it will not show up on my screen. Was working fine last night, yet this morning it decided to hide on me and taunt me from afar. The problem is that I can't check the show viewer box for some reason. I have tried everything that I can think of including wiping wow from the HDD and re-installing it with only zygor. and still no luck. Aside from nuking my HDD and re-installing my OS and everything all over, I'm stumped. Anybody got any ideas as to how to fix this?
    Last edited by jasongetty; September 16, 2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: was in bad mood on first post!

A refund? After being a member for over a year? OK... well that is handled through the support link at the bottom of this page, not in forums.
    Im not sure if you checked the box to load out of date addons or not. you have to do that with every patch blizzard requires you to upload.
    Please do not start another update vs upgrade discussion. This has been over discussed in great detail many times already. Search the forums for all replies to this particular topic.
    Since there is a 9 month laps from your last post to this one, might I suggest another avenue of requesting help? Perhaps a "hey, I cant see my guide anymore. Anyone got an idea why?" In December (your last post) you were given info on how to get the guide working, where you posted...
    I managed to get it working finally. Had to uninstall and install 4 times to get it up and running. Works great now!
    Check the addons screen before you pick a toon to play, check the box, and post if this fixed the problem or not. Given the history of responses you have had in the past, Im not sure where this animosity is coming from.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I always make sure that loading out of date addons is checked. The problem is that when I go in game, it shows that the zygor addon is installed and loaded, but will NOT show it on screen. It loads fine on my laptop, when I log into that, but not on the home system, yet was working fine last night. And the reason I get bent is because this is just one of many issues that I have had with this addon. Having to re-install it at least once a month is getting annoying as hell lol. I don't mean to come off as bent, this is being typed with a smile on my face. I'm just more annoyed that I keep having problems with this. As this is the ONLY paid for addon, I feel that I should get my monies worth out of it.

Comment

Alright, well just keep in mind that we work to make sure what you paid for is working for you as best we can.
        With all that said, Im going to sit back and let another Mod work with you. Tonight I install the last piece (I hope) into my widows based system, loaded with Windows 7 pro. Then I get to learn the world of PC, and perhaps be able to help with your configuration issues.
        Cabby and Chaos are on, it seems. They are good with these issues.

Comment

appreciate it. Found another thread that seems to be having the same issue, posted on there, see if anybody knows how to fix it. Again, don't mean to come off as a arsehole. Joys of reading instead of seeing stupid grin on face as I debate drop kicking computer out window.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, I have to transfer all my info from a Mac to a PC. /scared face

Comment

Do you have the Z icon on your mini map? If so clicking on that will toggle the guide window. There's also a possibility that it might have gotten moved off the screen by accident. If you go into the guide options (Escape > Interface > Addons tab > + beside Zygor Guides Viewer > Window Settings) at the bottom is a reset button that should put it back to the middle of the screen as if you just installed it.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also, if you're getting any kind of error when loading into the game, try and post it here. That will help tons. This may or may not have been said yet but try killing all of your other addons and leave both the Zygor guides and talent advisor running and see what happens then.

Comment

If the guide window moves off the screen and you can get it back the way Cabby says it may be another addon messing around with the frames. There are things like "Move Anything" that may mess up window positions.
                  The first thing to try is to disable all other addons that may interfere and see if it works for a while then.

Comment

Working...
                  X