Not sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure

Don't know if this is a bug or not but while playing my hunter, every time I would go to use Steady Shot or something similar, I would get severe video lag. The lag stopped when I unloaded the guide itself. Took a while to figure out which addon was causing it though. I've tried it with just the guide running and it still does it. And I'm also running the most recent updated release a day or so ago.

I haven't experienced this on my hunter recently.

However, I had similar (if not the same) issue happen to me when I used to run with AA or AnIso set fairly high and the guide window open, for whatever reason that still escapes me. Haven't seen it happen again since i nixed them.

Comment

Is this only happening on kill steps as stated in the other thread about FPS issues?
      http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...nt-fps-issues.
      Do you use a Macro for steady shot?
      Maybe all these problems are related to the "magic key" thing and the macro creation.

Comment

It happens every time I cast Steady Shot, whether it be with a macro or the actual hotkey.

Comment

And does it happen only when the guide shows a kill step or even with a travel step or something like that?
          Killsteps causing lags is known but the cause seems to be still unknown. But if you have the problem with the steady shot on every occasion there may be some other cause for this.

Comment

It happens regardless of what's showing on the guide. Tested it last night. Doesn't matter if it's travel, gather, kill, talk. If I use Steady Shot, as soon as the cast is about to end, screen locks up for 1s then resumes what I was doing. I've resorted to Dungeon Grinding until this can be figured out. I checked my macro bank on that toon and it's no where near being full.

Comment

I've just gotten a hunter started and have leveled him to 44 this last few days. So far I havent seen any type of lag caused from SS, and I use it a lot in dungeons for my KC ability.

EDIT: I should clarify this is on my new system and my old laptop. Seems fine on either.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Hence why it's wierd. If I have the guides on, I get the lag issue. I turn the guide off, it goes away. I've tested every possible combination I can think of and still no dice. What's really odd is that my wife is also leveling a hunter and is at 44 but it not having the issue. I may just have to repair my install. Haven't done that yet.

Comment

Have you tried just deleting the WoW cache? Maybe there's something in there that's old and messing with things.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

As a temporary workaround you can assign a key to toggling the guide window so you can open and close it quickly. Not optimal but better than playing without the guide.
                    Some people have the lag issues and some don't so it's very difficult to find out what is causing this.

Comment

Ironically, I had thought about the toggle thing but it lags whether the guide is showing or not. But once I unload the guide, the lag issue stops.

Comment

Well, it would seem that doing the repair fixed whatever was causing it to lag. All good now.

Comment

Sweet. Glad to hear its not a problem for you anymore.
                          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

We are constantly trying to make sure our guides are not causing too much memory to be used and while searching for a related problem, we are not able to still duplicate this problem. Thank you for the update, we will strive to make this functional for EVERYONE.
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Very rarely do I have any problems out of the guide. Mostly, the only problem I tend to have is on the glyph pane at times lol. Sometimes the guide will block me from deleting or inscribing a glyph. Doesn't happen enough for me to really worry about though.

Comment

Working...
                              X