Zygor Guides Updater Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides Updater Bug?

I havent had a chance to play for a few days so i just now had the chance to 'update' my guides for brewfest, only after i click update and it downloads the update it doesnt actually 'update. the update button remains and my version stays at 3.2.2808 instead of moving up to 3.2.2816.

anybody else experiencing this? i know it wont affect me in terms of using the guide normally (did brewfest last year) but still, it can get annoying.

Sounds like your update might have gotten bugged. Try using the Repair button in the Updater.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you are using Bitdefender antivirus you have to disable it for the updater to work.

Comment

I dont have Bitdefender, and the repair tool does nothing. i removed the guides and redownloaded the launcher and i still have this problem. Any other ideas?

Comment

Having same problem. About to look at other options with all the sales going on out there right now, One thing after another as of late with these guides.

Comment

The updater won't work because the guides are in a holding pattern until the launch of the new guides. It should function once sales are back up.

Just checked and that is a huge part of the problem. Transitioning to a new website design would also affect it because the files have to be moved or unlocked before the updater works.
            My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

It'S still not working for me, on a MAC.

When I turn it on , it says

The file "packager.php" couldn't be opened using
              text encoding Unicode (UTF-8)

And if I click ok and try "update", it just clocks for ever...

I haven't bought any of the new guides yet.

When I try repair, it waits a few seconds, then says

Error

Unable to install products. Please make sure there is
              enough disk space and you have permissions to
              install and try again later.

Um, I have enough disk space and I have permission.
              Last edited by hypersky; October 5, 2011, 03:02 PM. Reason: added "repair" step that also doesn't work.

Comment

Until some Mac guy can help you out and check this you can download the manual installtion zip from the members section and extract it to your WoW addons folder.

Comment

Figured it out: I just changed my first name on my profile today, and had added an "é" in my first name (it's in french), so I changed it back to an "e", and it all works now!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X