Build: Beast Mastery (31,5,5), Pet Build: Ferocity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build: Beast Mastery (31,5,5), Pet Build: Ferocity

I forget the level where my hunter encountered this, probably 73 or 75.

The Pet : Ferocity wanted to put a point into Shark Attack, but there were already 2/2 already allocated. The icon for Shark Attack
    /had a +1 in it. Adviser wouldn't go past there. So I put a point in Spiked Collar and another someplace else just to do something.

There is a similar issue with the character builds where the talent advisor tells you to put points into talents you already have maxed. It was reported that this happened after level 80 or so.
    I had this behavior with my Druid where I did not strictly follow the Zygor build so I thought this may be the cause. But maybe it is not when it even happens in pet builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
      There is a similar issue with the character builds where the talent advisor tells you to put points into talents you already have maxed. It was reported that this happened after level 80 or so.
      I had this behavior with my Druid where I did not strictly follow the Zygor build so I thought this may be the cause. But maybe it is not when it even happens in pet builds.
      I made no changes to what the advisor suggested, until the problem happened.

Comment

I looked at the Pet Talent file. It seems that there is nothing that forcibly binds a given line to a specific level. It appears that the points are simply applied in order whenever there is a talent point.

I think I must have not applied some talents at the proper time to my pet. Then, when I finally did so, Talent Adviser got confused because it apparently goes on some algorithm that does not depend on levels, and hence blindly tried to apply a point out of order, without checking on the particular talent cap.

I only have one pet, which I have had ever since the beginning in Azurmyst. What concerns me is what happens if had several pets, but don't apply their talents consistently, then try to do so after several levels have gone by. Then things would get confused as above, for EACH of the semi-neglected pets. This would require me to do what I just did, namely un-learn my talents and start them over. At the expense of gold. I think this is wrong.

Pet talents do not appear on odd numbered levels, as for the character. they are scattered over the range of levels, some of them on even numbered levels.

I think the Talent Adviser's workings need an overhaul.

Comment

As a similar bug exists for character talents the advisor definitely needs to be looked into.

Comment

This bug still exists, as it's telling me to put 3/3 on Shark Attack, when it's already max'd out at 2/2.

Level 76 - Raptor Pet - Ferocity (BM) Build
            Wildhammer EU
            Magedaveo (60) - Chaoslight (60) - Meldinor* (50) - Daveodruid (50) - Maldinor (45) - Chaoswrath (45) - Daveohunter (45)
            Daveodk (45) - Melorius (41) - Arthaskiller* (40) - Neosaurus* (40)

Thunderhorn EU
            Malock (60) - Voidemorte (60) - Thunderbolts (50) - Malpaw* (45) - Malthorn* (40)

*Horde Characters

Comment

Added to the list.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
              X