New updater.exe being deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New updater.exe being deleted

Apparently, there is a new version of the updater that was released. The problem is that the new version is so new that my anti-virus program (Norton AntiVirus online) boots it from my system. Turning off for now.
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Looks like Norton still has problems with false positives. I think there was something like that when the updater came out.
    Most antivirus programs have the ability to manually put certain files on a whitelist to get rid of the problems. Especially game trainers or no-CD cracks get frequently thrown off my system because they are simply packed executables and antivirus programs find new viruses in files that are more than 5 years old.

You can also submit files to Symantec so they analyze them and include them in a whitelist. However I was unable to find the place on their website...

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
      You can also submit files to Symantec so they analyze them and include them in a whitelist. However I was unable to find the place on their website...
      They have here: https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/ however that's for use by developers/authors/ISVs.

Comment

Working...
      X