Leatherworking Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leatherworking Bugs

In the leatherworking guide, I am getting a few "bugs". For example, if, on step #60, I click the option to gether myself, it goes to #61, which tells me to teleport to the blasted lands. Once I am there, it tells me to go to Winterspring... on the other continent. Yeah... thanks for that. When I get to blasted lands through the portal it fast forwards to next step to start making stuff (#65) instead of being on what it is supposed to (#63)

Also, in this guide, it totally skips the steps where I have to buy stuff from the AH. I checked the option to skip impossible steps thinking this was the issue but, does it with or without.

Also, in the guide, it tells me to buy a certain amount of items and a lot of times, it's never enough.

This guide is buggy as hell and I highly suggest someone on your team run through it on a noob character or something and make note of all the bugs because there are a LOT.

wait till you actually *start* doing leather working work. The values have changed! See my post, same forum subtopic.

Comment

More leatherworking bugs

This post is not related to the "Leatherworking Bugs" post. It's distinct.

So, generally speaking, the skill level values for leatherworking items have changed. For instance (Don't you love these?):

Step 72 says to make 5 Armor Kits until you reach 205. Step 73 says to learn 'Nightscape Pants'. Problem is, one can not learn 'Nightscape Pants' until level 230.

Time to audit the Leatherworking guide.

--------------

That being said, I could get all angry about it but I'm not. Is it frustrating? Yes, it is. However, it's just a game. Give the guys at Zygor some slack (some, at least!) for I know they are busy making us another guide for Dungeons. That'll be nice.

Alright, Cabby, see you in the intertubes! :P

Comment

Added to the list.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Merged threads for ease of processing on our end.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

You are right, just more of an annoyance. I worked through it to 525 leatherworking with common sense. Just putting it out there that there are some things messed up with it and someone should go through the whole thing. When I encountered the first few, I did not document them as I thought was a minor fluke and eh, whatever. So, I did not get a chance to write every thing down to make the guide writer's lives easier, sorry to say.

Originally posted by carmoca View Post
            This post is not related to the "Leatherworking Bugs" post. It's distinct.

So, generally speaking, the skill level values for leatherworking items have changed. For instance (Don't you love these?):

Step 72 says to make 5 Armor Kits until you reach 205. Step 73 says to learn 'Nightscape Pants'. Problem is, one can not learn 'Nightscape Pants' until level 230.

Time to audit the Leatherworking guide.

--------------

That being said, I could get all angry about it but I'm not. Is it frustrating? Yes, it is. However, it's just a game. Give the guys at Zygor some slack (some, at least!) for I know they are busy making us another guide for Dungeons. That'll be nice.

Alright, Cabby, see you in the intertubes! :P

Comment

Guide update 3.3.3334 made the leatherworking guide completely useless. After I started the step to start harvesting thick leather, the guide went to the very first step in the guide. Then it keeps looping through steps 1-6 continuously.

Comment

Ignore this part in Red: I see the problem. Both Alliance and Horde guides have a wrong label in them. The label is "lw_200-225_farm" but it should be "lw_200-250_farm".

You can edit your Professions.lua guide for this change if you want until it gets fixed in a release or you should be able to hold the Ctrl + Alt keys to step into the farming section.

Edit: Just noticed that this change would cause problems later on.

Alliance: Change the first step from "lw_200-250" to "lw_200-225" and "lw_250-300" to "lw_225-300" and then down lower change the "lw_200-250_farm" to "lw_200-225_farm" in the two include lines.

Horde: Change the first step "lw_200-250" to "lw_200-225" and "lw_250-300" to "lw_225-300" then down lower change 2 instances of "lw_200-250_farm" to "lw_200-225_farm" and change 1 instance of "lw_200-250_skill" to "lw_200-225_skill".
                Last edited by cabby; January 15, 2012, 09:14 PM. Reason: Updated

Comment

Thanks:-) I'll do the the edit. I'll try the Ctrl+Alt key first, just to see what it does. Might need it again, heheh. Does it force a skip to next chapter?

Comment

Holding Ctrl + Alt while clicking the forward and backward step buttons forces the guide to display the next/previous step in the guide without doing any background skipping.

Comment

The fix worked for me. The guide skipped past the step where it asks if i want to gather the rugged leather, but it's usable again. I just had to backstep a bit.

Comment

Please go look at that post of mine again. I just noticed the change I posted would cause other problems so have edited the post for a better fix to the guide files.

Comment

Just started the Letherworking guide:- received. "Cannot Jump from step 16 to label 'farm3' Leatherworkin 1-525 Leveling guide. This is after selecting farm resorces. - WOW actualy hangs - and unable to switch to windows.

Comment

Which guide version are you using?

Comment

I'm getting the error 1warkat1 is, its right after the journeyman step. i'm using the newest version of the guide on the hordeside

Comment

Working...
                              X