Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Advisor bug

From emails:

I tried to dual spec my paladin. I set up the "Holy" mode, with no trouble, but when I tried to set up the "Defensive" mode for tanking the guide set my secondary skills to "Holy" also. If this were real money I would be very ticked. But 66 gold to unsuccessfully reset my skills, is VERY ANNOYING.

This was my level 85 paladin, that I was trying to change from tanking/DPS to tanking/healing.

I unlearned the DPS. I set Retribution tanking to replace it. In the window I saw the retribution talents and hit the "Accept" button. But when the process was over I had been set up as Holy/Holy. I was very careful the second time. And the third time I examined every step closely. Only when I turned off the talent guide and entered each talent manually was I able to get some sort of tanking talents to take. I was of course, informed that it was not an optimum build. I have no other add-ons that affect the talent window.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

This person should have been able to set the build for his primary spec. Then activate his secondary spec, at which point it would have cleared the build he had set in the Talent Advisor, allowing him to make a new selection. I just tested switching to protection and there was no issue, it did not set me to Holy. I also tested Retribution and that worked fine. Before you accept a build it will show you a preview of where it's going to spend the talents. I think this person must have just set it to Holy both times.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I wasn't sure if this might have been related in any way to the other bug we've had off and on with the 85 talent specs acting weird.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        I wasn't sure if this might have been related in any way to the other bug we've had off and on with the 85 talent specs acting weird.
        Are there still reports coming about that?

Comment

Not recently that I can remember. But you never know what might still be happening that people just haven't reported.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Not recently that I can remember. But you never know what might still be happening that people just haven't reported.
            That's just one scary bug, my main have spent over 1000 gold just to reproduce it

Comment

Working...
            X