Explore Dragonblight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explore Dragonblight

I was doing the Explore Northrend achievement last night. Everything was fine until I reached Dragonblight, then the guide stopped moving on when I discovered certain areas of the map. I started advancing the guide manually only to find that areas I hadn't discovered yet were already marked as discovered by the guide.

I'm wondering whether Blizzard have been playing around with Dragonblight as I'm sure the guide was OK before 4.3. In any case, it definitely needs looking at.

Sounds like they changed around the order for the exploration areas in the achievement. Say there are 10 areas in a zone for the achievement. Each area is considered a separate 'step' for that achievement and linked to the achievement by 'step' number. This means we can spot a certain area being explored when that 'step' number is checked off as being completed for the achievement. This is how we program the guides for recognizing when you've completed the exploration for an area. An example of this (just some random numbers here) would be #939/5 where #939 is the achievement ID # and the 5 is the 'step' number for that achievement. Now if Blizzard has gone and re-numbered the 'step' numbers for the Dragonblight exploration then this would account for the guide not recognizing that you've done an area but think you've done a different area that you haven't gotten to yet.

If you remember which areas that it didn't register and the areas that it said you did when you hadn't been there yet please list them for us. It would make tracking down the changes much easier.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, that's the sort of thing I was thinking may have happened.

Unfortunately I didn't make a note of them all but I do remember that the first few steps (at least up until Agmar's Hammer) were not registering. Wyrmrest Temple was one of the ones that it though I had already done when I hadn't.

Comment

Ok, I'll try to do some digging on this. Were you running with the Horde or Alliance guide at the time?

Comment

This was with the Horde guide. I've just completed the other zones without any major issues. Howling Fjord was a bit odd - it said I'd already discovered Utgarde Keep and Skorn but this toon hasn't been anywhere near Northrend until now, neither has it done any Northrend dungeons. This wasn't the guide's fault - the game already had them marked as discovered!

Comment

Ok, it looks like they removed an exploration point in Dragonblight (Ruby Dragonshrine). The guide has 18 locations in it but there are now only 17 locations in game for the achievement. The following list was verified in game with the GetAchievementCriteriaInfo function and will need to be fixed in both Alliance and Horde guides. The numbers correspond to the location for the achievement criteria number so most of the numbers in the guide will need to be changed after Ruby Dragonshrine is removed. i.e. guide has Icemist Village as 1265/8 but now it's 1265/7.

1. Galakrond's Rest
            2. Lake Indu'le
            3. Obsidian Dragonshrine
            4. New Hearthglen
            5. Naxxramas
            6. Light's Trust
            7. Icemist Village
            8. Emerald Dragonshrine
            9. Coldwind Heights
            10. Angrathar the Wrath Gate
            11. Agmar's Hammer
            12. Wyrmrest Temple
            13. Westwind Refugee Camp
            14. Venomspite
            15. The Forgotten Shore
            16. The Crystal Vice
            17. Scarlet Point

Comment

Great work, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X