Waypoint arrow is not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint arrow is not working properly

As of yesterday every time i log into the game my waypoint arrow always says my next quest is miles away ( even if its only a few yards ).

The only way I have found to remedy this is to /realod ui and then its working perfectly again, but its a bit of a pain.

are there othere reports of this problem? Is it something you are working to fix?

I have tried running the repair tool, but it still the same

You're the first one to report a problem like this. It sounds like the guide/arrow thinks you're on the wrong continent when you first log in and that would be why it's showing so far away. Next time you go to log into WoW try disabling all of your other addons first to see if it logs in and points correctly or if it's still wrong when it's the only addon. If it works right then there might be some kind of conflict with another addon causing it.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

nope disabled every single addon except zygor and still got the same problem.

Comment

Ok, this might be a corrupted file somewhere then. Try the following.

Go to your WoW/WTF/Account/accountnam/SavedVariables folder and move/rename any files that start with Zygor. Next go to your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the 2 Zygor folders. Now run the Updater and let it do a fresh install. This will effectively set it so that you're installing Zygor for the 'first' time.

Once you do this you'll have to go in game and reset your guide viewer window preferences and load up your guide again and you'll also have to configure your Talent Advisor again. After you get it all setup try exiting WoW and then see if you have that problem on log in again.

Comment

Thanks for the time you are putting into this, So I have done what you have asked above and the first time I logged in and setup up the guide and clicked thought the steps to get to the stage i was on everything was as it should be.

Then i logged out and the waypoint arrow was back to saying my next quest was 10 miles away again. now logging out and back in does not fix it, but as described before doing /reload ui does.

Comment

That is definitely really screwy.

Ok, let's try cleaning the WoW cache and let the game rebuild it. Not sure if this will actually work but it's worth a shot. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there. The game will rebuild those files as you play so you won't notice it affect anything except things like equipment links will take a second to load as the game has to get the info from the server again.

Comment

I also had this issue. For me to fix it was to download one of the lib files and install it as a stand alone. One of the other addons was loading an older version that made the arrow dodgy even with the other addons disabled.

Comment

Ahh.. that was going to be my next suggestion for a fix. He's referring to the Ace3 library. You can get it with the Curse client if you use that or here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ace3

Comment

I am too having the same thime happen and a friend is tooo

Comment

Have you tried getting the Ace3 library and installing it as a stand-alone library/addon like the posts above suggest?

Comment

Working...
                    X