Fishing profession ID changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing profession ID changed

The ID of the fishing profession and spell have changed.
    It used to be 7620 and is now 131474.
    The ID needs to be changed in the ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua, line 32 and in all guides that show a fishing spell icon.
    Also a fishing pole does not have to be equipped.

The fishing pole thing was actually in 5.0.4 - but you need to replace any fishing icon on your action bars with the one from the Spellbook again otherwise you'll get a "no fishing pole equipped" message and you'll also lose the casting bar.

Comment

At least on my main character the fishing icon disappeared from the action bar.
      Fishing with a branch has style

Comment

It certainly makes doing the fishing daily a breeze when you don't need to re-equip sword and shield if somebody tries to gank you

You can't apply a lure to the branch, though (if you need it) and you'll need to equip a rod with a bonus if you want the bonus.

Comment

But normally you won't need a lure or a bonus anyway.
          I would have loved that back in the days when fishing in Wintergrasp...

Comment

That's the sort of thing I meant - my fishing is usually around 350 when I start in Northrend and you need a lure if you want to catch fish and not bits of wood

As for Wintergrasp - you can stand on the rocks behind Icemist Village and fish from Dragonblight without getting flagged

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
              That's the sort of thing I meant - my fishing is usually around 350 when I start in Northrend and you need a lure if you want to catch fish and not bits of wood
              Is this still a problem? I thought they lowered the requirements so much that after fishing 20 you would never see grey stuff again...
              Wintergrasp would have never been a problem if only a warrior could use other abilities than autoattack when a fishing pole is equipped. I mean, there are some fishing poles with lots of damage out there

Comment

Why 350 when you start in Northrend? Just go to SW, stand on the dock (in the canal) between the trainer and the vendor, and in about 4 or 5 hours you can go from 1-525 with a basic pole and the cheap lures being sold.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                  Is this still a problem? I thought they lowered the requirements so much that after fishing 20 you would never see grey stuff again...
                  Yes, there's still a minimum level for each area for catching no debris.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    Why 350 when you start in Northrend? Just go to SW, stand on the dock (in the canal) between the trainer and the vendor, and in about 4 or 5 hours you can go from 1-525 with a basic pole and the cheap lures being sold.
                    I know, but I usually level cooking at the same time by cooking the fish that I catch and you can't do that in a low-level zone.

Comment

Putting this issue back on the list as it has not been changed yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X