Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandaren Cooking error (Step 280)

In step 272 you tell us to train "Banquet of the Pot"
    then you tell us to gather the mats for Banquet of the Pot, but then in step 80 you tell us to make "Banquet of the Grill" which at that point in time we don't have enough skill points in Grill to even get the recipe.
    I would assume since 272 said to train "Banquet of the Pot", I would assume that would be the next thing to make since it gives 8 skill ups per item. But you never told us to buy "100 year Soy Sauce". Which costs 1 token and I just spent all my tokens to buy 250 juicycrunch carrots. Oh and those damn Vermin don't drop those carrots. At least the ones the mod sends us to kill. I must have killed 30 and not one drop.

Goodluck fixing this one. Oh and I chose Master of the Brew as my path, so I don't understand why it even sent me on this path unless it's just easier to level cooking (overall)

Which guide version are you using?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hi guys. Just wanted to start by saying I love your guides. I did have the same problem with the soy sauce in the last push to 600 in Cooking - Way of the Brew. I collected all my ingredients that were listed (using the last of my tokens) only to find I also needed the 100-year Soy Sauce as well. I eventually completed it, but had I known beforehand I would have farmed the veggies and saved some tokens for the sauce.

Other than that a great guide for me.

Comment

Over 1 year later, and issues still remain

Today is Dec 3, 2013. The quoted comment below was written Sept, 2012, which is over one year ago. I'm encountering some of the same/similar errors today that he reported way back then, including the fact that "100 year Soy Sauce" isn't even mentioned as a necessary ingredient, along with the other required ingredients. And, he's not the only person who has posted similar guide issues related to Pandaren Cooking. In June, 2013 kerryndc posted something similar in the same thread. And, during the last week or so, I have also reported some of these same issues, as you know. I wasn't aware of their previous posts because I hadn't searched the forum for them. I should have.

It's over a year! Has no one on Zygor's staff actually performed each of the steps for completing each of the Banquet steps (without finding any errors at all)? It makes me wonder.

Originally posted by snayjay View Post
        September 30th, 2012
        In step 272 you tell us to train "Banquet of the Pot"
        then you tell us to gather the mats for Banquet of the Pot, but then in step 80 you tell us to make "Banquet of the Grill" which at that point in time we don't have enough skill points in Grill to even get the recipe.
        I would assume since 272 said to train "Banquet of the Pot", I would assume that would be the next thing to make since it gives 8 skill ups per item. But you never told us to buy "100 year Soy Sauce". Which costs 1 token and I just spent all my tokens to buy 250 juicycrunch carrots. Oh and those damn Vermin don't drop those carrots. At least the ones the mod sends us to kill. I must have killed 30 and not one drop.

Goodluck fixing this one. Oh and I chose Master of the Brew as my path, so I don't understand why it even sent me on this path unless it's just easier to level cooking (overall)

Comment

When I look at the guide files I see many improvements to the cooking guide.
          However all the possibilities to get the stuff needed for the recipes are making the guides very complicated.
          It would be easy to create a guide that only tells you to get the amount of materials needed for the banquets and leaves the player alone how to get them.

As you can see in the quoted text, in the past it was up to the player how to spend the tokens and how to get them.
          Right now a cooking step asks if you want to farm materials or purchase them with tokens. If you want to farm you have the choice of killing something or plant something. If you want to purchase for tokens the guide shows you all the possibilities how to get tokens (farm meat for example).

Changing the guide to take all this into account requires a lot of work and errors may easily happen.
          It's bad timing that you try to follow the guide right now while it gets completely overhauled.
          For example the way of the steamer guide you last reported an error seems to have been worked on the last days, I see jump labels the other mastery guides don't have yet. So I assume they get reworked in the next days too.
          The error with the jump label you last reported seems to have been solved, I was not able to find a step trying to jump to the mentioned label.

Maybe Cabby can ask the content team about the status of the cooking guide if it is being worked on right now and which parts are finished.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Cartman. I understand that these particular cooking guide steps are complicated, but taking over a year to fix them seems a little extreme to me. I also have to mention that even with the most current guide update (today), the steps still don't work for the Banquet of the Steamer step in the guide. It does not go to the correct "Way of the Steamer" guide step after choosing it from the '... which mastery do you want to work on" dialog (red bar at the beginning). It seems to me that whatever the team did to fix the other 'jump' labels should work the same for this guide (replacing the ingredients steps with the proper ones, etc.). There are only 3-5 ingredients in each of the individual 'Way' recipes, and there really aren't that many 'Way' recipes to deal with. Anyway, thanks again. I'll be done with all those Mastery's before they complete the guide. heh heh. But, when it is done, it will certainly help other users and even me while working with my alts. The question still remains; "Has no one on Zygor's staff actually performed each of the steps for completing each of the Banquet steps (without finding any errors at all)?" A year is a long time to have had the guide behaving like this.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
              Thanks for replying, Cartman. I understand that these particular cooking guide steps are complicated, but taking over a year to fix them seems a little extreme to me.
              It's not that an old problem still exists but new problems came up with the changes the team made.
              I tried to follow the guide as good as I can and I think I found the problem why the guide always jumps into the section for the Fire Spirit Salmon ingredients.
              In the ZygorProfessionsAllianceCATA.lua and ZygorProfessionsCommonMOP.lua files are steps to either jump into Fire Spirit Salmon section when the creat Shrimp Dumplings step is somplete or jump into the banquet section when the create Fire Spirit Salmon step is complete.
              The problem is: when both create steps are complete the guide still follows the first jump as it checks one after another.
              Changing the order to first check for Fire Spirit Salmon and jump to banquet if this is complete works.

The steps look like this:
              'Continuing to Shrimp Dumplings |next |only if default
              'Redirecting to Fire Spirit Salmon |next "fire_spirit_bag" |only if step:Find("+create_shrimp"):IsComplete()
              'Redirecting to Banquet of the Steam |next "banquet_steam_bag" |only if step:Find("+create_fire_spirit"):IsComplete()
              Changing them to this forced the guide to jump into the banquet section (in my case step 417 as I wanted to purchase everything with tokens):
              'Continuing to Shrimp Dumplings |next |only if default
              'Redirecting to Banquet of the Steam |next "banquet_steam_bag" |only if step:Find("+create_fire_spirit"):IsComplete()
              'Redirecting to Fire Spirit Salmon |next "fire_spirit_bag" |only if step:Find("+create_shrimp"):IsComplete()
              I also found another bug, in the ZygorProfessionsAllianceCATA.lua file the step to create Fire SPirit Salmon has the wrong recipe, it shows Valley Stir Fry:
              step
              label create_fire_spirit
              #include cooking_fire
              .create Valley Stir Fry##104302,Cooking,13 total |n
              .skill Way of the Steamer,575 |only if skill('Way of the Steamer')>=575
              .' Achieve Way of the Steamer 575 |confirm |only if skill("Way of the Steamer")<=574
              I don't know when this step comes up as in my case the guide used the section from the common file, which is correct:
              step
              label create_fire_spirit
              #include cooking_fire
              .create Fire Spirit Salmon##104308,Cooking,13 total |n
              .skill Way of the Steamer,575 |only if skill('Way of the Steamer')>=575
              .' Achieve Way of the Steamer 575 |confirm |only if skill("Way of the Steamer")<=574
              If the Zygor team is currently reworking the guides they need to be very careful what to do where. With all these includes it is nearly impossible to check for errors.
              I would recomment building these guides from scratch, with a more simple and maybe separate guide on how to get tokens, only notes in the collect steps when it is possible to plant something on the farm.
              Having everything two times in the guide for farming or purchasing only causes too much trouble.

Edit:
              Next bug, a minor one. The step to buy everything for the banquet (Kreelor, it's step 417, in case you want to try from there) with tokens tells you to buy Sacks of Shrimp instead of Sacks of Jade Squash. The IDs seem to be OK.
              Last edited by Cartman; December 4, 2013, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X