Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Fix - WP Arrow not showing?

Hey guys!

I've been pretty perplexed about my Waypoint arrow and it not showing up on screen... I really kicked myself when I *FINALLY* figured out what was wrong;

I reloaded my UI time and again, turned stuff off and back on; made sure the guides were updated and all was good, but I still had the problem of no waypoint arrow. What made it worse was that it would show up for some characters, and not for others.

I finally figured out what had happened to the arrow... I was doing a quest awhile back, and a pretty long wall of text came up, covering my chat window (I have the guide sitting above it), so I click the guide viewer and moved it up, not realizing I had covered my waypoint arrow, as I was looking at the bottom of the viewer when I was moving it to make sure I had it lined up the way I wanted it. That's how the arrow disappeared... And no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it back.

...it was like that for days until I notice a little something peeking out of the top of my guide viewer - it was the hearthstone icon. So I moved the guide a little, and there it was!

SO relieved!

I can't believe such a silly mistake caused so much grief.

So if you've tried everything short of uninstalling Zygor, try to make sure you haven't got some other addon sitting on top of the arrow first. I know it sounds dumb, but...you never know.

Yes, some steps in the guide take up a lot of space, for example some accept step for dailies when an NPC has various possible quests available (like Andi with his 10 Tillers quests).
    I recommed making the guide fonst as small as possible so you can still read them. That way you can live with a smaller guide window.

I don't know if the guide now saves it's position and the arrow position on it's own. But in the past you could reset the guide viewer position by disabling the guide, logging in with the character, loggging out, enabling the guide and logging in again.

Comment

Working...
    X