Cooking Profession guide problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Profession guide problems

Found two problems with this, on step 400 (Way of the Grill)

For this step you need to collect 50 Redbelly Mandarins. The guide sends you to Townlong Steppes 35,74

First problem with the location itself, unless you have the ability to fly getting there is rough (three jumps with various degrees of damage from falling) and it is impossible to get out of(I myself ended having to hearth out in order to do so).

Second, you are not able to fish the Redbellies from this location. This spot is an ocean location and so can only fish out Golden Carp, Reef Octopus and Giant Mantis Shrimp.

If it helps, I did some searching and actually found what may be a good location for these. Unfortunately I don't have exact coords but the large pool in front of Mogu' shan Palace provides schools of this fish. I did have to fish out a number of Jewel Danio Schools and several Emperor Salmon schools(three if I remember right) to spawn the right schools but was able to collect the 50 I needed from schools of them in about an hour.

Second item- Step 405

This is just a typing error I believe, on this step it says:

Collect 100 100 Year Old Sauces

Talk to (ack I forgot name)

Buy 5 100 Year Old Sauces

Hope these help.

Added to our list to get looked at.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Alliance, 1-600 Profession Guide/Cooking, Step 190

Alliance, 1-600 Profession Guide/Cooking, Step 190
      Guide says to talk to Sungshin Ironpaw and to learn the recipe for "Rice Pudding" from her. She doesn't offer that recipe.

Comment

Question about Cooking Guide steps?

I'm wondering why the "Buy Recipe" (red) lines of text in the Cooking Guide steps is not synchronized with the other steps? It is confusing because it never changes color from red to green to indicate that it has already been purchased. The Guide always stops on those lines of red text as though they are still to be done (wasting money and confusing the automatic advancements of the steps).

Comment

They should be working. Try opening the cooking tradeskill window to allow the guides to see what you do and don't know.

Comment

I had already done what you suggested before I posted.
            Image explains it clearly.
            no-rice-pudding.jpg

Comment

When you talk to her there are two options, one is to learn recipes and one is to purchase items. Close the merchant window and talk to her and go into the recipe window.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                I'm wondering why the "Buy Recipe" (red) lines of text in the Cooking Guide steps is not synchronized with the other steps? It is confusing because it never changes color from red to green to indicate that it has already been purchased. The Guide always stops on those lines of red text as though they are still to be done (wasting money and confusing the automatic advancements of the steps).
                Normally if you leveled a complete profession section a step telling you to buy a recipe you can only learn later on in that section when your skill is high enough will be skipped if you leveled past the section.

Let's take a look at the Alliance Cooking guide.
                In the 1-75 section there's a step telling you to buy the "Recipe: Smoked Bear Meat" in Loch Modan.
                After that the steps to buy bear meat or kill bears follow, then comes the step to learn the recipe and create the Smoked Bear Meat.
                If you learned the recipe and raised the cooking skill to 75 the buy step will be skipped.
                But if you learned the recipe and did not create the Smoked Bear Meat and restart the guide it will stop at the buy step again because you don't have the recipe in your bags.

Maybe in other guides or sections of the cooking guide you stumble across this in slightly other ways when you more farming steps are needed and therefore you stop leveling the profession for a while.

The only workaround I can think of would be to check for a completed learn step in the buy step. This is possible but as you need to open the professions window for the guide to know if you already know a recipe this is no 100% safe solution.
                So I'd rather leave it as it is now.

Comment

Working...
                X