[Travel System] Fastest Ironforge to Darkmoon Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Travel System] Fastest Ironforge to Darkmoon Island

My Paladin was sitting in Ironforge, having tea and crumpets with the King, when the call to Darkmoon Island went out. Thinking he should partake in the silliness and take a break from constant warfare, he packed his belongings, bid his farewells, and set off.

But he forgot his toothbrush at the inn in Stormwind! One cannot be around so many people with unclean teeth, and thus checked with Zygor to find the fastest way to Darkmoon Island, knowing his Hearthstone was set to Stormwind, and the portal to the Island is a short ride to Goldshire.

Eh, by The Light, was is this? Zygor tells my poor innocent Paladin to take the portal to Blasted Lands from Ironforge, enter the Dark Portal, fly to Shattrath, and then portal to Stormwind? Like the sometimes naive lad he is, he followed the instructions blindly, and sure enough, did arrive eventually at his destination.

Sadly, his friends, who had simply used their Hearthstones and went to Stormwind directly, then on to Goldshire, grew tired of waiting, and ever more restless, finally giving in to the sights, games, and smells of Faire food and left him behind to have their fun.

Lo, my Paladin did eventually catch up with his friends, but they had already taken all the rides, and eaten their fill of food, and quite satisfied, only stayed long enough to welcome him to the Island, whereupon they next decided that some evil needed the swift hand of justice, and once again left my poor Paladin behind.

He did ride the rides, ate the food, and drank the drinks, but without his friends, it was just not the same.

If only he had used his Hearthstone and went straight to Stormwind in the first place...
    A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Do you know which inn your hearthstone was set to in SW?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The fastest way to Darkmoon Island is always to pay for the teleport.
      There are NPCs in SW next to both auction houses and also one in IF at the auction house. I don't know if they invaded the other towns too.

Comment

My hearth was set to the Trade District inn in Stormwind, and was not on cooldown. I could have used it to hearth from Ironforge to Stormwind.

If there is an NPC in Ironforge that ports you to Elwynn Forest, the guide does not mention this, nor did the travel system acknowledge his or her existence. I used exactly the method suggested, wrote up a short amusing story, and posted the results.

From Ironforge, the "fastest, use every trick" route suggested, from the central forge, was to go to Ironforge's temple, portal to Blasted Lands, go through the Dark Portal, head to Shattrath, portal to Stormwind, and then ride or fly to Goldshire. In fact, now that I think about it, once I was in Stormwind, the guide didn't even have me talk to the NPC and port right to Goldshire.

Comment

Sounds like we might have two separate issues happening.

First, sounds like the travel system isn't recognizing the hearth locations properly.

Second, sounds like there is a portal aspect missing from the travel system to make travel to darkmoon fair faster. I believe this one is not in game because it could cause a lot of issues with trying to route someone to the general Goldshire area when there is no fair going on.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Glad to have helped. Hopefully you enjoyed the story, which I thought was a more fun and interesting way to report a bug.

And for the record, King Magni Bronzebeard does really enjoy tea and crumpets at his private table. I think he likes a break from meat and mead, which are the Dwarven staples.

And he tells the worst jokes! The one about Uther Lightbringer was hilarious. In poor taste, but hilarious!

Comment

Working...
            X