Zygor and Yahoo MarketingSolutions freezes loading of Zygor forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor and Yahoo MarketingSolutions freezes loading of Zygor forum every time. The only way I can get past it to enter the forum is to use my mouse pointer to click in the URL bar at the top of my Firefox browser, and after the URL turns blue (is selected), I press my Enter key. Only then will the browser continue loading the Zygor forum.

It began happening only recently. I never had this issue last week.

Plus, as I posted elsewhere in the forum (today), I can not upload any images at all.

When did you first notice this problem? The forum images issue is something with the vbulletin software not our actual website. We have to figure out what is wrong with their code.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I noticed it first yesterday (I think?). Today, it happens each time I try to access Zygor Forums using my Firefox browser.

Just a couple of minutes ago I tried a test. I used Internet Explorer browser to go to this forum, and it had no issues at all. However, so far, I haven't tried uploading an image with Internet Explorer. I'll try that and let you know if the issue is only with Firefox.

Comment

Internet Explorer hangs up before entering the forum, too.

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
        I noticed it first yesterday (I think?). Today, it happens each time I try to access Zygor Forums using my Firefox browser.

Just a couple of minutes ago I tried a test. I used Internet Explorer browser to go to this forum, and it had no issues at all. However, so far, I haven't tried uploading an image with Internet Explorer. I'll try that and let you know if the issue is only with Firefox.
        Darn! Internet Explorer hangs up before entering the forum, too. And, just like with Firefox, it hangs when trying to upload an image into the "Manage Attachments" screen.

Comment

I found the particular Yahoo cookie which was trying to force its way onto my system. I deleted it, and I can now enter the forum without the browser hanging. So far, that's one problem resolved.

I'm just curious as to how/why Yahoo is trying to add cookies when I pointed directly to "http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/" -- ???
          Last edited by kreelor; October 9, 2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I found the particular Yahoo cookie which was trying to force its way onto my system. I deleted it, and I can now enter the forum without the browser hanging. So far, that's one problem resolved.

I'm just curious as to how/why Yahoo is trying to add cookies when I pointed directly to "http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/" -- ???
            I think I found out why Yahoo issues are happening on Zygor Forums. I searched the Zygor source code and found the following:

Code:
            <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
            <!-- Yahoo! Inc.
            window.ysm_customData = new Object();
            window.ysm_customData.conversion = "transId=,currency=,amount=";
            var ysm_accountid  = "[I]Edited out by kreelor[/I]";
            document.write("<SCR" + "IPT language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' " 
            + "SRC=//" + [COLOR=#ff0000]"srv1.wa.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com"[/COLOR] + "/script/ScriptServlet" + "?aid=" + ysm_accountid 
            + "></SCR" + "IPT>");
            // -->
            </script>
            It's Zygor adding this, right? After I deleted a cookie named as the red text above, the logging-in problem ceased.
            Last edited by kreelor; December 12, 2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

This should be fixed now, please let us know if you continue to encounter problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                This should be fixed now, please let us know if you continue to encounter problems.
                Just to let you know that when I said previously that the error was fixed by deleting the particular Yahoo-related cookie, that it was only a temporary fix. It returned the next day, and continues to "hang" my browser when I try switching between forum threads.

Further info:

In this same post, I tried to upload the same small image as before, but just like before, it fails to upload. I waited a full two minutes watching the icon "spin" before I exited the upload process.

Note: I have already deleted both the BugGrabber and BugSack addons. This issue began very soon after I installed them, but I don't know if they were related to the issue, or not.

The only things I know for certain is that I cannot upload .jpg images at all, and the script within this forum's software related to Yahoo's "marketing" tracking is causing my system to hang. It didn't have either of these problems a week or so ago.

Here's the URL (on your forum) which causes the Yahoo Marketing "hang."
                http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/edi...t&postid=92690

NOTE: That isn't the exact one that happens when I try to upload an image. But, because of that script error I cannot get back into my post via "Edit post" (using "Advanced Options") to even try to get the error to appear again while trying to attach an image!

EDITED AGAIN:

Is this Zygor forum selling user's information to Yahoo? If so, why? And, why are there Yahoo scripts in this forum's code?
                Last edited by kreelor; October 14, 2013, 05:06 PM. Reason: URL indicating Yahoo Marketing script is causing the 'hang'

Comment

Thanks for the hint Kreelor, for quite some time I had the same issues with the forum responding very slow, especially at night time here in Germany.
                  Though my Opera is set to block Yahoo cookies, after deleting all Yahoo cookie settings and then again letting Opera block the mentioned Yahoo cookie it seems to work now.

Comment

Geeesh! The nice reply I just made to Cartman about 20 minutes ago got lost on this forum! I'm absolutely certain that I did post it, not merely preview it and forget to post it. I even looked at the post after it was posted, but then, for some reason, it's no longer there!

Comment

Maybe it got hijacked by Yahoo

Comment

Is this Zygor forum selling user's information to Yahoo? If so, why? And, why are there Yahoo scripts in this forum's code?
                        No, we do not sell any user information to anyone. The yahoo scripts on the site are used by affiliates to help track the sales they make.

NOTE: Can you check again to see if the problem still persists? We found one other code in the header that has now been removed.
                        Last edited by Zygor Admin; October 15, 2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Whatever you removed seems to have stopped the Yahoo Marketing thing from hanging my browser (so far). I've experimented by jumping from one thread to another, closing browser & opening it again, and repeated jumping around. It hasn't glitched once (yet).
                          Thank you!

Now, the outstanding issue is that the forum's "Basic Uploader" won't let me upload/attach simple .jpg images into my posts. In most cases, images reveal much easier-to-understand situations than mere textual descriptions can provide. I hope you can help me figure out why it hangs when I choose to 'upload' the image. It fails every time.

Comment

Moved the problem with image uploads to a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X