Image upload problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image upload problems

Whatever you removed seems to have stopped the Yahoo Marketing thing from hanging my browser (so far). I've experimented by jumping from one thread to another, closing browser & opening it again, and repeated jumping around. It hasn't glitched once (yet).
    Thank you!

Now, the outstanding issue is that the forum's "Basic Uploader" won't let me upload/attach simple .jpg images into my posts. In most cases, images reveal much easier-to-understand situations than mere textual descriptions can provide. I hope you can help me figure out why it hangs when I choose to 'upload' the image. It fails every time.
    Last edited by kreelor; October 15, 2013, 11:58 AM. Reason: grammar fixes

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
    Now, the outstanding issue is that the forum's "Basic Uploader" won't let me upload/attach simple .jpg images into my posts. In most cases, images reveal much easier-to-understand situations than mere textual descriptions can provide. I hope you can help me figure out why it hangs when I choose to 'upload' the image. It fails every time.
    That's gonna take some deeper digging in to resolve as it seems to be an issue with the vbulletin forum software itself and not our website.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Are you saying that NOBODY can upload images, or am I the only person who can't upload images on this forum?

Comment

Quick test of image upload.

Nope, I can't upload any images with Chrome right now. The error I see when I hover the mouse over the red exclamation dot is as follows.

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Probably already done, but here's a hint about what might be causing the issue (previous post):
          http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post90311

Comment

Testing attach image

I noticed that Zygor seems to have no problem uploading an image into a post (only 21 hours ago prior to today, Oct 19, 2013, 9:30am pacific). Reference, recent post here:
            http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post92722

I'm attempting now to see if I can do the same.

Well, my test failed again. I don't know Zygor managed to add its image?

Last edited by kreelor; October 19, 2013, 11:43 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary link

Comment

That wasn't an image that was uploaded and attached. That was an image that was put into the post using the IMG tags and a reference to external (to the forums) location for the image. It would be the same thing as you clicking the Insert Image button and using the From URL side of it.

Comment

Okay. That explains that. Thanks, Cabby! I'm still wondering what the hold up is on fixing the issue? Although, nothing is ever as simple as it should be, this issue 'should' be simple, simply because it was working about a week ago. Was there a recent forum software update or something?

Comment

Yes, I do believe there was an update to the vbulletin software. I've actually looked up the error code that I saw with posting the pictures problem and the reasons for that error code could be one of numerous possibilities, some of which aren't even obvious. It might take a bit for the webmaster to find it and fix it.

Comment

Indeed, an update to vBulletin broke it - and we're not the only ones to have been affected. I had to manually patch the vB source... Oh well. It now works fine for me, let's hope it's fixed for everyone, too.

Comment

A great big "Thank You" for fixing it!
                      I just tried it today, and it works just like it used to. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                      X