OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the forum software been updated lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the forum software been updated lately?

I'm encountering the exact same problem with the Yahoo Marketing script in your forum's software again.

It hangs my Firefox browser completely and I can't do anything.

I only see a cookie from zygorguides.com when visiting the forum and it seems one from statcounter.com was blocked when visiting the main Zygor page.

Comment

I'm not aware of any updates lately. I'm using Firefox with no problems at all.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Here's what is in the forum software. It's this script that used to hang my browser. It was fixed for awhile, but now it's doing it again.

Code:
        [COLOR=#0000cd]<script language="[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]JavaScript[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]" type="[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]text/javascript[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]">[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]
        <!-- Yahoo! Inc.
        window.ysm_customData = new Object();
        window.ysm_customData.conversion = "transId=,currency=,amount=";
        var ysm_accountid  = "[I]edited out by kreelor[/I]";
        document.write("<SCR" + "IPT language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' " 
        + "SRC=//" + "[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B]srv1.wa.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]" + "/script/ScriptServlet" + "?aid=" + ysm_accountid 
        + "></SCR" + "IPT>");
        // -->
        </script>

[/COLOR]
        Here's a post which was made awhile back by "Zygor Dev 1":

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post92762
        Last edited by kreelor; December 12, 2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

This script part is commented and should not cause any trouble.
          See this article about comments:
          http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_comment.asp

Maybe it's something else.
          I noticed in the past that when I had the problem it was always in the morning CET, so at night in the US. I suspected a scheduled backup or something like that.

Comment

delete this 'test only' post

please delete.
            Last edited by kreelor; December 13, 2013, 10:42 AM. Reason: delete this test post

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
              Here's what is in the forum software. It's this script that used to hang my browser. It was fixed for awhile, but now it's doing it again.

Code:
              [COLOR=#0000cd]<script language="[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]JavaScript[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]" type="[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]text/javascript[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]">[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]
              <!-- Yahoo! Inc.
              var ysm_accountid  = "[I]edited out by kreelor[/I]";
              + "SRC=//" + "[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B]srv1.wa.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]" + "/script/ScriptServlet" + "?aid=" + ysm_accountid 
              + "></SCR" + "IPT>");
              // -->
              </script>
              [/COLOR]
              Here's a post which was made awhile back by "Zygor Dev 1":

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post92762
              I'm still encountering the issue although it doesn't happen all the time. I have noticed that when I click on my link to go to this web site forum (zygor.com) that my Firefox browser shows that the srv1.wa.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com script is being read. Even though that script is commented-out in the code, it still gets read during page loading. It's shown at the bottom of my browser window in the Status Bar.

I also noticed via the link you sent to me that there's a minor discrepancy in the javascript formatting between the forum software and the example use of the 'comment' coding.

Code:
              <script type="text/javascript">
              <!--
              function displayMsg()
              {
              alert("Hello World!")
              }
              //-->
              </script>
              Note: The two forward slashes at the end of comment line (//) is the JavaScript comment symbol. This prevents JavaScript from executing the --> tag.

Zygor's forum software has an additional space like this:

// -->

instead of like this:

//-->

Could that make a difference?

Additionally, it's a known fact that Blizzard's WoW actually reads all code, whether it's commented-out, or not. I know this forum isn't WoW, but maybe since the code is being read anyway, my Firefox browser is blocking the code to protect me? It hangs while trying to load the Zygor pages, etc. I'm still only guessing at cause/solution.

Comment

For the javascript commenting, anything between <!-- and --> is ignored/commented out.

Now you mentioned your bookmark being zygor.com, are you sure it's not zygorguides.com? If you're going thru a different website that is doing a re-direct then it's possible something with that could be running the javascript that we can't control.

Comment

MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Error with Internet Explorer

Yes. That was my typo. Sorry.

BTW, when I use Internet Explorer browser, I keep getting this new error, too. It happens each time I visit the forum and each forum link I click. It doesn't happen anywhere else I visit; it only happens on this website forum. This error also used to happen a long time ago.

There is one thing new. MS just sent out a major update to lots of its software just days ago. Maybe the forum software hasn't been updated to use MS's latest patches?

Interesting that I don't get the following Function Call when using Firefox.
                  MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Error when using Internet Explorer.
                  MS Visual C++ Runtime Error with IE.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    For the javascript commenting, anything between <!-- and --> is ignored/commented out.
                    Just because it isn't displayed doesn't mean that it isn't being read.

An example from personal experience:
                    I updated every Flightmaster icon location (in the FlightMaster.lua) in the entire world of the game; all continents; both factions. (The reason for updating them was because many of the original icons were way off position from where the Flightmaster was standing in the game). At least, I completed every one that my characters would allow me to get to. I had comments in my updated version of the lua file, but errors happened and the file wouldn't work. I was told to remove the commenting because Blizzard's game reads those comments even though they are not viewed or activated, etc. So, after removing them, the updates I made worked perfectly. That's my experience.
                    Last edited by kreelor; December 19, 2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

How would you explain the fact that while my page is loading the forum, I can see the yahoo script being read in my Firefox's Status bar at the very bottom of my screen? To me, if it's not being read, then why is presenting that script in the Status bar? It's confusing.

Comment

An example of what happens on this forum

Here's what I see on my screen most of the time when trying to use this forum.

waiting for srv1.jpg

Comment

I never see that with Firefox. Maybe it has something to do with what's in your cache so try clearing that out.

In the Tools menu select Options, then on the Options window use the Advanced icon on the right side, then select the Network tab, and finally click the Clear Now button in the Cached Web Content section.

Comment

Cabby, I'm glad you never see it, but it happens to me all the time -- on this forum only.

I cleared that cache, as you guessed and suggested, even though my browser is set up to clear such things when I exit the browser. Nevertheless, it did not solve the problem. This problem exists only in this forums software and no others. To reiterate, this exact same issue happened the last time Zygor's forum software was 'updated.' Now, it's happening again. Please, can you have someone contact an experienced person at the company who Zygor got this software from? They must have information related to this.

Comment

Hi there,

If that commenting doesn't work - try the following:

Code:
                              /* <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">Yahoo! Inc.
                              var ysm_accountid  = "1EVG63VVFKPPRLFP421VBP34HTG";
                              + "SRC=//" + "srv1.wa.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com" + "/script/ScriptServlet" + "?aid=" + ysm_accountid 
                              + "></SCR" + "IPT>"); 
                              </script> */
                              Last edited by Lightkeeper; December 25, 2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X