OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailoring Guide (1-600) is a catastrophy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance
    This has been a nightmare for me.
    • Very few if any of the guides' suggested counts are accurate. It has cost me wasting materials and/or it never suggests the correct amounts.
    • The guide never considers that buying 1,800,247,656 pieces of cloth is more room than my bags can hold. And, that's only 1 type of cloth!
    • The guide never recognizes that I have learned the ability to create advanced items until I have bought all the particular cloths required.
    • The guide doesn't ever suggest what to do with the countless (now superfluous) items which are clogging up every slot in each of my bags.
    • The guide can't be researched backwards because of those stupid RED ROADBLOCKS that never get marked as 'completed' once they are done. It tells users to buy 818 more cloths AGAIN, even after that step has been completed and bypassed. I hate those lame RED ROADBLOCKS which are throughout the guides, especially in this one and the Cooking guides.
    • And, there are many more things which I'm not even griping about.

It's pitiful. That's my 2-cents worth.
    Last edited by kreelor; January 19, 2014, 12:39 PM. Reason: typo

I had the exact same problem with blacksmithing. It only wants me to gather a ton of cobalt ore, and I'm past that.

Comment

Originally posted by wizdangar View Post
      I had the exact same problem with blacksmithing. It only wants me to gather a ton of cobalt ore, and I'm past that.
      I'm glad to see that I'm not the only "voice crying in the wilderness." At least, you recognized and posted about the errors you found. I find the same kinds of errors in many of the guides, yet they still exist in the guides months later after being reported!

A sudden urge to rant has encompassed me!

My original message was posted in January, 2014 (4 months ago) and your reply is the only one since then. And, since then, very little, or nothing at all has improved. Many of the "guides" have numerous issues, which will apparently never get fixed. Many steps are incomplete, contain wrong info, or are just too confusing to be quality "guides."
      NOTE: I don't deny that the Zygor Guides are good ones... they just aren't nearly as good as they could/should be. The numerous reported errors which still remain often cause more confusion than users should encounter -- in a "Guide").

The issues I have encountered are not merely 'minor' things, or things which I've been accused of complaining about unnecessarily. They are (to me) things which exist because nobody has tested the code after writing it. A better testing method would be to hire someone who is "not so close" to the code and someone who is not completely familiar with the game which causes them to make absurd "assumptions" about the clarity (or the lack of clarity) of the steps which actual users are expected to follow without such confusion. Hence... the numerous things I've posted.

Others may not post, but instead, they search and find alternatives on 3rd-party websites which totally defeats the value of purchasing a "guide" from Zygor! They don't want to have to waste their time by posting comments, screenshots, etc. on these forums. In essence, they've given up on Zygor's developers and have chosen to bypass them by getting up-to-date information from Wowhead, or other sites by themselves!

My complaints are intended to HELP Zygor make their guides more accurate and less confusing to use. I'm ridiculed and/or ignored because of it.

When we (or, I) post issues on these forums about our confusion and errors/omissions we encounter --caused by the guides, we (or, I) are called complainers, or else stupid. It's their way of defending themselves without apology and/or making corrections.

I complain because there are errors, omissions, and confusion in the guides. I should complain, and I shouldn't be ridiculed because of it.

Here's just one of many dozens of things I've encountered recently:
      This particular one has to do with only one issue I've suffered in the Achievement Guide.
      Represent Achievement-Old Whitenose sells nothing.jpg

Other guides have even far worse issues than this one. They aren't even useable!

Comment

Hello, Kreelor. I'll respond to a portion of your post above.

As a Zygor guide customer, and a moderator, I truly have no problem with anyone making a complaint about what they find as a flaw in the guide(s). The only time I have voiced myself to a person complaining about a guide was to an individual that didn't own the guides.

No, I posted a couple of comments to two (2) posts you made that were, in my opinion, more harsh than they needed to be. I'll give you that there was a level of frustration on your part, but if I may offer you this, please do not allow that frustration to be directed to an individual. Just so you are aware, back in the day I was able to make lots of posts offering advise for this and that, until Cabby went from moderator to customer/tech support. Now I can hardly get a word in edgewise before he jumps in. He has taken the forms and support demands from four to five of us moderators helping out, to being the sole reason 95% of the resolves and help to us customers happens. As such, I think he should be given the respect he has earned.

I said all I wanted to say. Hope this finds you in good health, and in good spirits.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

What was your level in blacksmithing when you pulled up the guide? Were you also at a point where it wasn't necessary to farm saronite as well?

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
            Very few if any of the guides' suggested counts are accurate. It has cost me wasting materials and/or it never suggests the correct amounts.
            The Tailoring guide was last updated between Jan 7th - 9th, which was a couple weeks before you made your post. We're double checking our numbers as I write this, but is it possible you were using an outdated version of the guide?

[*]The guide never considers that buying 1,800,247,656 pieces of cloth is more room than my bags can hold. And, that's only 1 type of cloth!
            We would have to add in new functionality to detect that. We would consider adding this if more people requested it, but I suspect most people have enough space for what the guide requires. Have you considered investing in higher capacity bags.

[*]The guide never recognizes that I have learned the ability to create advanced items until I have bought all the particular cloths required.
            What does this mean exactly? Are you saying when you speak with a trainer to learn an ability the "learn" line doesn't get checked off and step doesn't complete until you've gathered all the cloths? That would be strange behavior indeed and we'd need to know what step this happened on.

[*]The guide doesn't ever suggest what to do with the countless (now superfluous) items which are clogging up every slot in each of my bags.
            It's almost impossible to get the material calculations perfect because skill ups can be random at times. There will almost always be some materials left over in each section, but unless the next section says that you need to keep those items they are usually safe to resell.

[*]The guide can't be researched backwards because of those stupid RED ROADBLOCKS that never get marked as 'completed' once they are done. It tells users to buy 818 more cloths AGAIN, even after that step has been completed and bypassed. I hate those lame RED ROADBLOCKS which are throughout the guides, especially in this one and the Cooking guides.
            I'm not sure what you mean by "red roadblocks". You mean steps that are marked as incomplete? You can skip these by pressing the arrow button forward.

Do you use the blacksmithing guide from skill level 1 or were you partially leveled up in blacksmithing when you began using it?
            Last edited by Zygor Admin; May 6, 2014, 01:00 PM.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
            X