Alliance Cooking & Fishing guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance Cooking & Fishing guide

The first fishing part of this guide tells you to fish at a dock in Elwynn near Goldshire, but the problem with that is one of the fish you need to gather at this point doesn't appear there at all (Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish). I think the guide should instead be saying to fish in Stormwind, near the fishing trainer there... all 3 of the fish required at this point can be gathered there.

There's another minor omission later on that I noticed some time ago... sorry if this has already been changed since then, I haven't checked. After the guide has you fishing in Blasted Lands near Surwich, it tells you to cook your fish up, but it neglects to tell you that the recipe for Nightfin Soup also requires Refreshing Spring Water. The closest npc that sells them is Donna Berrymore, the innkeeper at Surwich.

The catfish should be able to be fished up in Elwynn Forest but you're probably right in that it would be better to have them being fished up in SW as I think the fishing rate for them is better in SW. Not sure on that 2nd thing but I'll get this on our list to get looked at.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Going from 1 to 100 skill in Elwynn, I never found a single catfish. I ended up giving up and going to Stormwind after that.

Edit: Wowhead shows only a single point in Elwynn where they are found, and it's nowhere near the dock the guide puts you at. And judging from its location, I think it might actually be a Duskwood catch that registered on the Elwynn side of the river somehow.
      Last edited by nulien; March 1, 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X