OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to Detect or Create the zygor directory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Detect or Create the zygor directory.

Whenever i try to install the new launcher on ANY of the 3 pcs i play ESO on i get the same error. it then states on the second line: We attempted to create it in: D:/AppData/Local

the only thing i can think of is. I install my OS (windows 7 x64) on a separate drive then where i install my games and documents folders... ie, My C drive is only windows os and my D drive is all the folders normally in the /user folder.

Thanks.
    Wizzy

Try using the gear icon in the bottom right of the Updater to access the settings, then make sure the 3rd one for ESO is pointing to your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons folder.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry must be my fault for not explaining clearly enough. When i click on the ZygorGuidesClient.jar i get the error above. thus no gear to click on.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah... it's still completely broken if your addons folder is somewhere other than what it expects. I brought it up a few days ago, but it's not working yet. I just keep trying every once in a while... I assume they'll get to it eventually, but I'd rather they make sure and get the guides working to 50, first.

Comment

Re-download the ZygorGuidesClient.jar and try now, please.

Comment

It still has the same problem. Launching the jar itself fails because it tries to write to a non-existent folder. My AppData is on C:. It's trying to write to D:.

Comment

Originally posted by marastu View Post
              It still has the same problem. Launching the jar itself fails because it tries to write to a non-existent folder. My AppData is on C:. It's trying to write to D:.
              It's using the home directory as it is told from Java, which is out of my control. It should be making any necessary directories though, but I may have to figure out another solution. You should be able to fix it by creating the directory it's trying to create manually. Sorry for the inconvenience from all of this.

Comment

Was having the same problem. Tried a redownload this morning of .jar client and hey presto- works a treat for me. Now i can update etc- very pleased TY guys))

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                  It's using the home directory as it is told from Java, which is out of my control. It should be making any necessary directories though, but I may have to figure out another solution. You should be able to fix it by creating the directory it's trying to create manually. Sorry for the inconvenience from all of this.
                  Some quick searching suggests you should be able to use the APPDATA env variable if it's available... and just fall back to the user.home if not:

System.getenv("APPDATA")

That environment variable resolves to C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X