X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the guide

Hello

got a few problems I'd like gone, lol
    First is the guide version, isn't it supposed to be 1.0.8863? thats atleast what I've downloaded, but in game the version is 1.0.8754.

Now my other problem is that I get loads of text whenever I change steps.
    Like this: "What..? Quest journalIndex=10 has name Capture Dragonclaw Mine id 40205, expected id 40204"

and for last its my map, its LOADED with X marks all over, and I can't even change zone on the map, because then the problem with the text keeps spamming me when I right click on the map.

Addon is where it should me in the file directory and I've tried re-installing.

Could use some help
    Attached Files

From your description it sounds like you either have an old version of the game that you did the install with (and didn't get the latest version like you thought) or you're installing updates to the wrong folder. Try getting the black Updater client (scroll down a little when you log into the Members Area) and use that for installing/updating the guides.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

getting this issue as well. out of game updater says 1.8863, as well as on the add-ons list in game. but if i click the settings menu from the in-game gui then it says version 1.0.8754 in the bottom left.

Comment

Ok, the guide reporting the wrong number in game looks to be a small bug. The other stuff in the OP sounds like it might be from an older version, but check the guide viewer settings to see if there's anything in there that might affect it.

Comment

Hello there

I've used the link provided when I bought it yesterday. I've checked and it is in the right folder but wont show the right version as the one I've downloaded. I used the client to confirm. Can't be a fault on my end :-\

Comment

Try using '/zygor reset' in game to see if that removes the chat window stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              Try using '/zygor reset' in game to see if that removes the chat window stuff.
              Tried the most, and that wont work :O

Comment

Do you have any other addons going? Have you tried using the wrench icon on the Updater to do a repair or re-install from there?

You could also write down what step number you're on and then go to your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor file in there.

Comment

Did the repair and re-install nothing happend, did it manually also with same results.
                  I've tried going from step 1 in 16+ part to the place im at with no results.
                  Also tried deleting the file as you said, yet the problems presist.

As I said I have tried the most, no clean install will help. And the guide is at the right place. :-\
                  Made sure that no trial version could conflict with the one I've bought. (daggerfall covenant)

Comment

Try doing something a little off the wall. Try going into your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live folder and delete everything that's in there. Then re-start the game to let it build the files it needs before re-installing the guides.

Comment

That Didn't work?
                      Could it be the ingame version messing with the guide?

Comment

No, I see the exact same thing for in game version and I've had no problems with chat error spamming or being unable to zoom out on the map. Are you by chance running the game in a non-English language? Or maybe have your computer system set to a non-English language? Just grabbing at straws here. Running out of ideas short of re-installing the game.

Comment

Just tried it, didn't change anything :-)

Comment

Well, all I can come up with then at this point is let's cross our fingers that the next guide update fixes this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                              No, the exact same thing for in game version and I've had no problems with chat error spamming or being unable to zoom out on the map. Are you by chance running the game in a non-English language? Or maybe have your computer system set to a non-English language? Just grabbing at straws here. Running out of ideas short of re-installing the game.
                              Sorry but seems like I responded to the same question twice. But no. I run the guide in English.
                              Only thing I can say is that I play on EU servers. Made sure the file went to the appropriate file directory.

Would be great if I could use your guide, just a shame that it's bugged :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X