X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red should be used for EMPHASIS only

Red should be used for EMPHASIS only...

not for every topic heading.

Please, make the website more desirable and pleasant to look at rather than one which has had dramatic, bold, red, headings invading my peace without purpose. (grin).

The dramatic colors detract from the headings which they are supposed to represent. Bold (and/or larger font) instead of the red color might be a better choice.

Keep it clean/simple/uniform.

As I said in other post, this is orange and black. The only red is on your computer. Time to adjust your colors, get a new monitor, or go to the eye doctor.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The new design should actually be much cleaner and easier to read if it's displaying as intended. The fact that you keep referring to "red" makes me think it's not since red isn't used anywhere on the forum. The new style flattened the look of the forum a bit and changed the colors to match the Zygor color scheme better, but we didn't change any of the formatting from before. Could you maybe post a picture of what you're seeing so we can see if it's being displayed right?
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Not enough contrast between background orange for sticky threads, bold orange for new post, and regular orange for threads already been read. I shouldn't have to work to read forum posts. It should be obvious what's new and what isn't.

Zygor.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by deleon View Post
          Not enough contrast between background orange for sticky threads, bold orange for new post, and regular orange for threads already been read. I shouldn't have to work to read forum posts. It should be obvious what's new and what isn't.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1376[/ATTACH]
          I'm seeing display issues in that screenshot. What browser are you using to view the forum?
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
            I'm seeing display issues in that screenshot. What browser are you using to view the forum?
            I'm using Internet Explorer 10. I don't control the browser on this computer so can't change to IE 11.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              As I said in other post, this is orange and black. The only red is on your computer. Time to adjust your colors, get a new monitor, or go to the eye doctor.
              You don't have to be nasty about it. And, yes... your comment does sound nasty to me. Granted, the color is not a true red; it is more of a reddish orange (which is damned-near red) to me. I just wanted to point out that I see no reason to make it 'so close' to red, unless it's supposed to highlight something critical, important, dangerous, etc. The colors on my system are perfect no matter where else I go to view things. They are balanced, and I'm not colorblind. The color red, for general purposes, does not promote quiet, calm, peacefulness, confidence, security, etc. It is alarming and harsh. That's the only thing I was trying to comment on. The previous colors were better and less distracting - IMO.

Comment

Just to toss out another perspective on the use and visualization interpretations of the color red, I present to you the following;

The Color Red:
                The color red is the color of energy, passion and action.
                This color is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive. It exudes a strong and powerful masculine energy.
                Red is energizing. It excites the emotions and motivates us to take action.
                It signifies a pioneering spirit and leadership qualities, promoting ambition and determination. It is also strong-willed and can give confidence to those who are shy or lacking in will power.
                Since we are going down the rabbit hole of opinions on color meaning, that is.

Enjoy.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

It looks fine in Chrome, both on my new desktop monitor and my old laptop. The difference between bold and normal text is quite noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                  X