Map Bugging out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Bugging out

with the addon activated the world map becomes bugged and if i try to view another zone im not in it shows the waypoints of the zone i am in, over the top of the zone i am looking at

Try re-installing the guides with a fresh copy and if you have any other addons try testing without them enabled.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The Zygor guide is definitely causing problems with the map for me. Right now, I have a lot of problems zooming out in the map (via right-click). Zygor dumps two errors in the chat window each time I try and right click:

What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90169, expected id 90168
      What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90172, expected id 90171

If I right-click again, it increments:

What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90175, expected id 90174
      What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90178, expected id 90177

If I disable the Zygor addon, the map works great.

Comment

Do you have any other addons running? If so try disabling those to see what happens.

Comment

If I disable all other addons other than Zygor, I still have the problem.

Comment

I have experienced this issue as well 3-4 times. I learned that if I zoom the map out to all of Tamriel, I can click on the waypoints. If I try to go to a different zone then I am already in, it shows the wrong waypoints.

Comment

Have this 2 since yesterday i think..
              Really starting to annoy me atm.

disabled all addons , problem gone , just enabled zygor , problems back , so y its a zygor prob imo!

Grtz

Comment

Jot down what step number you're on then go to your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor file in there. That will do a complete reset of the guide viewer and might fix your problem.

Comment

Let me do a wild guess here. Does this happen for ALL quests, or just that Mad God's Bargain?

Comment

I've only noticed it happening for the Mad God's Bargain and one other quest that I recently grabbed in a solo dungeon (that wasn't part of the guide). My working assumption is that Zygor isn't handling quests it isn't expecting you to pick up. If that's the case, I'm going to have to deal with the pain for now because I'm not going to skip a quest when I see it and have to go hunt it down again later.

Comment

The error message itself I can even ignore... it's the fact that it's interfering with the map zoom ability that is the deal killer.

Comment

Originally posted by marastu View Post
                        The Zygor guide is definitely causing problems with the map for me. Right now, I have a lot of problems zooming out in the map (via right-click). Zygor dumps two errors in the chat window each time I try and right click:

What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90169, expected id 90168
                        What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90172, expected id 90171

If I right-click again, it increments:

What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90175, expected id 90174
                        What..? Quest journalIndex=3 has name The Mad God's Bargain id 90178, expected id 90177

If I disable the Zygor addon, the map works great.
                        I get this same chat spam since the update on the 18th. mine happens with all quests. It also happens why I advance in steps or manually move them back or forward. Zygor is the only addon i have installed

Comment

That chat spam can be caused by you having a quest in your log that wasn't in the guide. Like if you went to Cyrodil and picked up a PvP quest and it's in your log. Double check your quest log and either finish or abandon any quests that weren't part of the guide and it should stop the chat spam.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            That chat spam can be caused by you having a quest in your log that wasn't in the guide. Like if you went to Cyrodil and picked up a PvP quest and it's in your log. Double check your quest log and either finish or abandon any quests that weren't part of the guide and it should stop the chat spam.
                            I will try that. Thank you for the quick reply

Edit: this worked. Thanks again
                            Last edited by jt1080; April 20, 2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I am pleased to report that the issue has been found. Incidentally, it WAS just one issue causing both the map errors and the quest ID spam. A fix is coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X