disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disappointed

As a long time customer of zygor i cant help but say i'm extremely disappointed with the wod guide for alliance. im 95 currently and have virtually given up using it because of numerous quests being listed that are not avaible, way point errors missing quests and almost no mention of the bonus objectives which give an aweful lot of exp.

hopefully you can get the guide ironed out pretty quick but at the moment as i said its actually slower to use the guide than to just follow the blizzard path.

about to try the horde version, hoping for better results.

Originally posted by bluemoo View Post
    As a long time customer of zygor i cant help but say i'm extremely disappointed with the wod guide for alliance. im 95 currently and have virtually given up using it because of numerous quests being listed that are not avaible, way point errors missing quests and almost no mention of the bonus objectives which give an aweful lot of exp.

hopefully you can get the guide ironed out pretty quick but at the moment as i said its actually slower to use the guide than to just follow the blizzard path.

you and me both this is worse guide ever sad I waisted my moey on it wanting me to do quest with alchemy and I don't even have the professions follow this if u want to go slower not faster

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoo View Post

Sorry to hear that

I have been using Zygor since 2008 when they first started. This was a big release and it is going to have problem until they get our feedback so they can fix them. I have found in the past they work hard to fix things in a timely manner. Hell look how long WOD was in beta and they had a lot of problems at the start. I know I was playing WOD beta for months and there were a lot of problems. Just give them some time they will roll out the fixes

Comment

Zygor must be former blizzard employees since they failed with this guide so badly at launch. Just chalk it up to another launch failure but it is hilarious OTHER GUIDES WORKS AS INTENDED BUT POOR ZYGOR FAILED FAILED FAILED.
        Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 13, 2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Funny, I never got other guides to work as good as Zygors. Beginning with the guide UI not properly working with German WoW (too long texts), constantly throwing LUA errors, nagging me with functions I don't want (their travel system opens a map overlay every few seconds), installing 3rd party addons...

Comment

It is a lot less polished and functional this expansion than it usually is at this point of release (at least Alliance side).

Having used Zygor guides for many years I do expect this will be sorted out and fixed as the team get to it, but I have to admit, I was rather disapointed at the quality this time

Comment

Got to say I agree with the OP.
              Really disappointed at just how bad it is.

Since disabling it my XP per hour has signifcantly increased - probably because I know don't have to make huge detours to pick up quests that don't exist or hand in quests i've never accepted!!

Has there been an update since WOD launch?

Also I'm getting spammed warning messages in chat regarding missing steps - not one but hundreds at a time.....
              Last edited by wdesousa; November 13, 2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Well ... I thought the problem came from me since i'm on european french server ...

Comment

I have had Zygor since BC and It is by far my favorite and most used addon, 2nd being tsm. Bugs are expected but so are the fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by strohm View Post
                    I have had Zygor since BC and It is by far my favorite and most used addon, 2nd being tsm. Bugs are expected but so are the fixes.
                    Right On strohm

To everyone whom is complaining !

The WOD just crashed no Garrison, locked up on mounts and so on .......

So WOW can't even get it correct after almost a year of beta!

Comment

Originally posted by SYDO View Post
                      Right On strohm

To everyone whom is complaining !

The WOD just crashed no Garrison, locked up on mounts and so on .......

So WOW can't even get it correct after almost a year of beta!
                      never posted on this forum, but yes i must confirm that the quality of this release is not on par on what i'm used to with Zygor.. I had to do alot of backtracking on my own and forwarding quests on the garisson parts.. :/

Comment

I will say that all of the problems noted in this thread so far are ones we know about and are working on fixing. We did release an update today that fixes some of the bugs that were mentioned in other threads but it does also have a fix in it to reduce all of the chat spam when there's a quest with a bad objective.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I would be happy to test anything but Blizzard failed very hard, the instance servers are constantly down so I can't go on after building the garrison. Great idea to merge one server with a rather big population with two other servers with even bigger populations.

And this garrison problem was there for months in beta. And Blizzard should have known how many people are playing on a live server compared to the beta server.

So everyone being able to go ahead: call yourself happy, there are thousands of players that are totally stuck.

Comment

I hope they fix these issues quickly. Was really excited to be using Zygor at the start of this expansion, and quickly realised how unfinished this guide is... And I'm talking as an Alliance player! Just right now it has sent me running for 2mins across the map to go speak to some Dwarf that isn't even there...

Pretty poor start to the expansion so far, both Blizzard and Zygor. Server lag and queues and now Zygor is under performing!

Comment

Guys, get over yourself. Really.

Its unbelievable how short your memory is. Anyone remember Kunlai Summit? The entire back 75% of the guide was useless because the arrow pointed to the same waypoint.

Now, maybe things get worse later, and as it stands now, there are missing quests that should be included (please put them in the leveling guide and not in another loremaster guide), and the guide seems to not be remembering what flightpoints we know already, but if any of you realized just what WoD did regarding the API for addons, youd be amazed anything still works.

The expansion has been out for what, 24 hours? The addon has been updated at least 3 times since the launch of WoD. Most everything will be ironed out by the start of next week, I guarantee, the staff here is hard at work fixing this.

It generally takes about 2-3 weeks before everything is smooth as butter.

And Im no Zygor fanboy. Those that have seen my posts here know that I am super critical of their product. I think its overpriced and bloated as hell, and dont get me started on their upgrade pricing.

But I know where to put the blame when blame is due, and in this case, it isnt.

Things are a bit wonky, but I figured it out so far (just finished Shadowmoon Valley and then had to manually run around and complete a dozen or so missing quests).

With regards to Blizzard, Ill leave it at this. The internet is hard. You have 6 million people trying to all log in at the same time. Having worked in IT, I can tell you, the Blizzard IT department isnt sitting back drinking beer and eating pizza, I guarantee, its all hands on deck over there. Id love to be a fly on the wall right now cause I bet theres a crapload of OT being paid out for this week.

Now, why Blizzard doesnt consider contracting Microsoft or Amazon for server capacity for the first week of a new launch is beyond me, Amazon and Microsoft have the structure and capacity for such a thing (thats exactly what they do best) and servers could be spun down as necessary, rather than not having the capacity or trying to bring in more machines than they need for a short period of time.

There is a reason after all that not a single online gaming company has figured this out, EVERY online game goes through this when they have a reason for a bunch of people to log in, the exception being the Microsoft platform (call of duty on the xbox) because of their Azure program.

Heres the reality.

1. You'll continue to use Zygor
                              2. The content in WoD will be here for a year and a half. There is no rush.

If you dont have the patience, take a week off and come back next weekend, youll have a much better experience and guess what? You'll still have 75+ weeks to enjoy the content without the headache of the initial launch.

And guess what? Thats exactly what Im doing this weekend, I wont be playing any WoW until Monday because its an absolute nightmare right now.

For your own sanity, consider the same.
                              Last edited by littlewierdo; November 14, 2014, 07:31 AM.
                              Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                              Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
                              X