OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zygor should be ashamed of their new WoD leveling program!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor should be ashamed of their new WoD leveling program!

This is by far the WORST leveling program update, that I have ever used? The guide arrows are not working properly missing quests, just horrid I have used your guides for year this is just an complete embarrassment you should all be ashamed of yourselves!
    Last edited by smallwonders; November 14, 2014, 04:02 AM.

Yeah it is pretty piss poor! Hoping they get it all fixed really soon!

Comment

I humbly disagree but in internet terms, everyone has short memories. Anyone remember Kunlai summit? The entire back 75% of the guide was useless because the arrow pointed to the same spot.

Now, Ive only just finished Shadowmoon Valley so I still have 4 zones yet to do, and they were indeed missing quite a few quests, and for whatever reason, they didnt cover the 4 bonus objectives, but overall, I had a flawless experience with what they did include. As an aside, they missed a required chain for the loremaster achievement in shadowmoon valley.

My hope is that they do it right this time, Im sure they will add the missing quests and I hope they include them in the leveling guide and not a secondary loremaster guide.
      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

I used the leveling guide from 90-100 Horde side. I had very VERY few issues (so few I can't specifically remember them off the top of my head). On the other hand 3 of my friends used the Alliance version. That was a train wreck. They couldn't even get out of the starting 90-91 area to make their garrison with how badly it was messing up on them they just turned it off and went on solo man 5000.

Devs - If you get a chance this is something people payed hard earned money on and while we don't pay to have the absolute FASTEST leveling we do pay for it to be working. Alliance side needs some serious tailoring ASAP.

PS: On a side note I did manage to smoke all of my guildies and be the first of 20 people to 100 on my server with Zygor horde leveling guide so it definitely works like a charm for horde.

Comment

Snuggle, did you ever run into a situation where the guide was directing you to pick up a quest when your level wasn't *quite* high enough yet? It's happened twice to me so far (I'm just barely shy of 93), and I'm wondering how often this is going to happen.

Comment

I found the guide to be outstanding! I play horde and the only minor bump in the road was the "Meet Archmage" quest. I just moved past it a few and continued on. I do have an issue with the gear updater constantly replacing my mythic items with lower ilvl things, but I worked around it. Overall, I'm satisfied and consider it money very well spent.

Comment

We are working as fast as the Blizzard servers allow us to get these issues fixed.

Please post any bad gear suggestions here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ar-Suggestions
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Ashamed? I think that's a bit extreme. It seemed to spew a lot of garbage in my chat, and the zone guides ended before I hit the appropriate level for the next one, but all in all it worked as expected. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the fact that I couldn't remain connected to the game for very long before being kicked off then having a 3 hour wait to log back in preeeeeetty much overshadowed any issues I had with the leveling guide.

Comment

There has been some minor issues with the guide. But I managed to work around it. I know if the community finds problems, and the bugs are alerted, that Zygor will put in a fix for them. I have used these guides for years, and I know they put out an outstanding product. I think telling them they should be "ashamed" is a bit extreme. Blizzard had problems with the launch and they worked hard on getting it corrected. Zygor will fix the bugs, as they always do. There is an old saying that goes like this "May the words you speak be tender warm and sweet, for tomorrow they may be words you'll have to eat" Happy Leveling!

Comment

So what do you expect when you log in on day / week one of a major release of WoW? Do you also download and install the latest version of Microsofts operating systems as soon as they are released (or Apples for that matter) cause if you do I expect you will find them chock full of issues that get fixed over time. Early adopters of software releases should expect to pay the price for trying to use the software as soon as it comes out. If you are expecting perfection, well then you might want to get involved with something other than software cause bugs in new releases are a part of the process.

I found some bugs but I was able to work around them all. I have used Zygors guides for years and have found them to be of very good quality.

Comment

I have to agree with the above, I paid for a product that should be mostly functional. As an example, the alliance guide to Gorgrond is a trainwreck. My guess is that the writers play horde and did this as a side project of lower priority? That or proper unit testing and development methods weren't followed. There should have been a single run through prior to launch for both factions. Hire some college kid who's willing to sit down for 10-20 hours a day to burn through this guide and expose it's flaws. I'm sure you'd have no problem finding someone who's done beta-test who'd do it for a free guide or two (you could really seal the deal with a wal-mart gift card for some hot pockets and soda). Then you could rack-and-stack the problems and throw out fixes days before launch or during launch. Instead it's like here's the guides please find all the problems for us...not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ace62269 View Post
                        There should have been a single run through prior to launch for both factions.
                        This is hard to do when Blizzard shuts down the beta server weeks before the launch and then changes things in the game while the beta servers are closed.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Up until the Spires of Arak everything worked fine. When I hit that zone I ran into a lot of problems as a mage. I kept getting things that were higher level than I could solo. When I got to nagrand the guide should have had me do the first bonus after I leveled to 99 but even then I ran into some problems right out of the gate since my gear was not good enough. After I got some better gear it was easier about ilevel 590+ with a mage. Nearly impossible to solo the elemental guardians without the garrison bonus (tank) at the ilevel I had. The next set of problems I ran into was right after you finish the elemental atunement quests and go to the next area. The locations of everything is just way off or not clear. I ran into this a lot with the guide telling me to go back and forth between 2 flight paths because it could not figure out which one was best in Spires of Arak. I just turned off the route recommendations and used the in game quest markers to figure out my best routes.

Comment

Working...
                          X