Really disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really disappointed

Have been a zygor guide user since cataclysm.
    Used to love this guide.
    But now, I have to say the WOD guide upgrade really does NOT worth my money.
    The Shadowmoon valley part is ok but not efficient enough (skipped all bonus quests).
    Ths Gorground part is terrible the questline just suddenly stopped I have to skip a lot of steps to continue, and as the number of unavailable quests kept increasing I have to give up this map and jump to Talador. and guess what? same thing happened again (current stuck on step 97)
    Obviously the guide needs way more works.

I agree with you nliu, i think they released this version in a hurry without properly or QA testing it. It would start off well in each level then it would hit a snag, then I'd get stuck after a few quests, I tried skipping a few to no avail. I tried it for 3 levels, got stuck in all of them, not even halfway in each one, I thought it'd get better, but got worst, so I have unloaded it because of utter frustration from it. It definitely needs fixing.

Comment

Agree, The wizard missed many steps and showed quests that were not in the right place. I had to skip many steps because of this, especially all the bonus quests. Hoping for a big update when it's time to level up a new character. But still, I have over the years benefited greatly from Zygor's guides so I'm not too disappointed. I certainly think Blizzard did more wrong releasing an expansion that no one can play because of all the errors first Days.
      Last edited by deda2000; November 17, 2014, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I basically paid someone to slow me down.

Comment

I have the same results. I have used the guide on several character on both horde and alliance but this one is very sub par. I turned it off after Shadowmoon Valley. It also screws up the map and I can't see where I'm going.

Comment

Yeah I bought a lot of Zygor stuff over the years but I think this will be my last purchase with them - you need the guide to be right at the start of an expansion and this time I have been annoyed almost all the way through - even thinking of asking for a refund on this wod mess they have rushed out.

Comment

I agree, if for example you choose the lumber mill in Gorgrond, then you should never even see the quests that are only accessible when you choose the other option. If there was a suggested choice when the quest occurred then I never saw it. I followed the quest line to the area where the arena was and lo there was not a NPC there to give me any further quests in that region. The same thing happened when I chose the artillery tower instead of the mage tower, I had to skip through all the Khadgar quests. Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

The map has been fixed and it is flowing better but I still ran into trouble with quests or NPC's not even being where they said they were.

Comment

And on top of everything else, I am just now finding out that there may not be a loremaster (quest completist) part of this guide. this is utterly disappointing and this alone will probably make it so I am looking elsewhere for my guides (as there are now others that compare very easily to Zygor) elsewhere.
                  This whole WoD experience has been nothing but a money pit.

Comment

Originally posted by rayyna View Post
                    And on top of everything else, I am just now finding out that there may not be a loremaster (quest completist) part of this guide.
                    There is no Loremaster achievement for Draenor in the GAME. We can't write a guide for something that doesn't exist. We can try to add in additional quests if enough community members would like this but that would be something brand new for us, as we've never covered all the quests in the game before.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Goodnight everyone. Complain much? They aren't God you know. Of course there's going to be glitches, and of course they're going to have to deal with that when they release. It doesn't matter how much testing is done before a release happens; there are going to be problems (potentially major) when the final product is released. They can't know what they don't know, especially when Blizzard shut down the beta before the live release happened, but made changes during the shutdown. There are update/fixes at least once or more a day trying to hash it all out. Not that it isn't inconvenient, but that's just the way it goes. GET OVER IT!!! It will work just like you've always expected within a few days. So zip it! If you have a question, or something constructive to say great, but whining like a bunch of babies, and blowing a bunch of hot air ("but I think this will be my last purchase with them") just makes us all look like a bunch of babies. Get a life!

Comment

Working...
                      X