Shadowmoon Valley Step 66 Building for Professions Tailoring and Enchanting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadowmoon Valley Step 66 Building for Professions Tailoring and Enchanting

Step 66 wants me to talk to Baros Alexston and accept the mission Building for Professions.

However I've noticed that tailoring and enchanting work differently from other professions in WoD. Normally you pick up a skill book and learn your new abilities. With Tailoring and Enchanting an item for each dropped that started bread crumb trails back to my garrison. After you turn in the quests in the garrison you are sent to speak to Masters in each of those fields. I've taken screen shots showing where these masters are located on the map.

It is my belief that once I complete these missions I'll be able to get the Building for Professions quest from Baros.
    Attached Files

After running both these quest chains, my assessment is it is better to go to the tailoring first. She gives you a follow up quest to gather 10 ceremonial robes. The master enchanter is located on the beach as you can see in the first picture I attached. On that beach there are humanoids trapped in bubbles. Use the bubble to pop it and let them out. Most of the bubbles are hostile orcs that drop the robes on death.

After you turn in the rod from the enchanting quest you'll be given a scroll that teaches you Draenor Enchanting and a blueprint for the Enchanter's Study. Return to the Master Tailor, Ameeka. She'll give you a final quest to make some Hexweave cloth. The way the quest is worded I was led to believe she gave me the materials. But there is a bag under the cart she is standing by, it can be hard to see. Click the bag and you'll complete the quest then she'll give you a Draenor Tailoring scroll and a blueprint for the Tailor Emporium.

After I had those items I was able to talk to Baros and continue on with the leveling guide.

Comment

I think you can always skip this step and continue with the guide.
      When the instance servers were down i was forced to skip anything related to the garrison and could continue with the guide.
      And if you don't have any professions you can't get do this quest anyway.

Maybe this quest should have a note that you need to have a profession for it. Or even make it so that it is only shown when you have a profession.

Comment

Oh I know you can skip it. On my first character I had to skip most of a couple zones because I built a different type of outpost. I'm just sharing this for people who may want to know. It's a pretty awkward quest chain because they are pretty out of the way if you were following the guide up to that point.

Comment

The problem with the profession quests is that it is not 100% guaranteed that at a certain point you have the quest. Otherwise they could be included in the guide to optimize the routes.
          It's always around Embaari but I once got them close before having finished all the other quests there.

Comment

Working...
          X