OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I bought the rest of the Draenor Guides (Even with the leveling issues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I bought the rest of the Draenor Guides (Even with the leveling issues)

I have used Zygor for a few years, WoTLK at least, and have always been really impressed. As others have stated, in numerous posts, in numerous places, the WoD leveling guide (especially for the Alliance) is dreadful.

That said, I did buy the "rest of the guides" bundle (both Horde and Alliance) for $115. Why? Because I am gambling that they will get their crap together in the long run. I truly hope my "contribution" to the "pile" will help motivate the good folks at Zygor to fix things; perhaps hire additional help - who knows!?

Like all other Alliance players, I am struggling with the Leveling Guide. I am on my second toon, and have about 6 more to take from 90 to 100, so I am a heavy user of the guides. It is a bit of the "we're in this together" mentality that I've taken, as it is more hopeful than the "I paid for this, it needs to work" (correct as that is, it's not the most hopeful).

I also do not like seeing the kiss-asses come in and praise Zygor just because everyone else is pissed. That is small and demeaning.

I am pissed, but I am patient.

Most of all: I am hopeful.

We appreciate your support. Every guide always gets better after launch, especially when we're not having to work in a beta that changes frequently (Garrisons changed a bunch, even at the end) and goes down unexpectedly. Are you using the latest version of the guide Version: 5.0.10884? We've finished addressing a lot of the issues that were there at launch so you shouldn't be encountering those as much if at all. We're making our second passes now to make sure we catch everything but please make sure you have your guides updated to the latest version and that you update every day.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Yes, I downloaded the latest (10884); I'll start another of my 90's soon, so I'm hoping things are improved.

Just keep plugging away!

Comment

I am one of those folks that are understanding of the process that Zygor dev team is undergoing and all the hard work they have put into this release. I am also one of what you called "kiss-asses" that tried to put a positive spin on all the hard work and gave Zygor some praise.

The reasoning behind it was that so many of the complaints were just that.. Complaints with they typical WoW mentality of "I paid for this, FIX IT NOW!" demands. Giving a company and a team of devs a bit of a break from all the whiners and letting them know that I appreciated their work does not make me a "Kiss-ass".. It makes me an understanding and compassionate person.

I still think that Zygor is handling these "bitch-session" with great professionalism and grace. They are jumping on all of the bugs as fast as they can.

A little bit of praise in the midst of a crisis isn't ass kissing, it's good relations.

Comment

I'll be honest and say that I was really disappointed in the WoD 90-100 guide for Alliance. I ended up not using it when I got to Gorgrond, was just too much of a headache... That said I am a big fan of the Zygor guides. Started using them in MoP and have helped me achieve so much in the game!

P.S do we have a ETA on the WoD loremaster?

Comment

Originally posted by ash777er View Post
            P.S do we have a ETA on the WoD loremaster?
            Blizzard did not add any Loremaster achievements to WoD so there is nothing to add into the Loremaster guide for WoD.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              Blizzard did not add any Loremaster achievements to WoD so there is nothing to add into the Loremaster guide for WoD.
              But we are going to add the storyline achievements for the Draenor zones in an upcoming update. However, there is no Loremaster of Draenor title that you can earn currently.

Comment

Yeah I meant the storyline quests sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by myrkat View Post
                  That said, I did buy the "rest of the guides" bundle (both Horde and Alliance) for $115. Why? Because I am gambling that they will get their crap together in the long run. I truly hope my "contribution" to the "pile" will help motivate the good folks at Zygor to fix things; perhaps hire additional help - who knows!?
                  I tried to find a "bundle" price on the web site but was not able to and ended up purchasing the guides, 1 at a time. Who do I need to contact about a refund for the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by toji View Post
                    I tried to find a "bundle" price on the web site but was not able to and ended up purchasing the guides, 1 at a time. Who do I need to contact about a refund for the difference?
                    Bundled prices only appear if you either own all of the guides for at least one faction up to Mists and want to upgrade all of them to WoD, or, if you own all guides AND the WoD Leveling preorder. Only these 2 cases get shown a bundle. There is no price difference offered in these bundles either, it's the same price, just bundled together.

Comment

Unfortunately, even with my limited time to play WoW (Im STILL not 100 yet, I only just hit 99 today), the updates didnt come fast enough for me to be able to use the guides effectively.

I ended up using other guides for my leveling post Shadowmoon Valley when I reached Gorgorond and realized that everything was completely broken on the Alliance side of things and I havent looked back (yet).

There are a few notable differences that has me scratching my head...

For starters, other guides has a loyalty program where, after paying $175 total on your account for any guides sold by other guides, updates (including expansions) are free. He also has a $7 a month program or $50 a year program where you receive all updates (including expansions) free as long as you are subscribed. If you look at this carefully, this means, if you subscribe to the yearly for 4 years, you are swapped to the loyalty program. So, these are some nice options for those of us that have continued to support him. Why we dont have anything like that for Zygor is a head shaker.

As for in-game differences, other guides did not have near to as many issues as Zygor did, mind you, I started using other guides probably 5 days into the expansion so it is possible he was able to get his guides updated faster than Zygor was able to.

The only notable issue I had with other guides was the guide arrow becoming locked in place any time you logged in to your garrison, forcing a ui reload. Zygor had this problem as well (I dont know if this has been fixed for Zygor yet) and also had issues with learning / remembering what flightpoints you had found (Zygor also had this problem, again, I dont know if this has since been addressed).

Other guides both covered nearly ALL of the quests (something I want as I enjoy the lore / quest text) and had no issues that I saw with regards to which building I chose for each zone.

Now, I understand the difficulties in expansions and how Blizzard likes to change things last minute but what I dont understand is how one guide product got it right (for the most part), the other did not, the only thing I can think of is either the way it is implemented in other guides vs Zygor or just that other guides was faster to address these issues and I just didnt notice because I started using it 5 days later.

The other peculiar issue is the Zygor Alliance vs Horde guides. Apparently, the horde guides didnt have near to the number of issues that the alliance guides did, leading me to believe, that as usual, the horde guides received more attention than the alliance guides (this has always been a problem for nearly every addon, but I digress).

Zygor is a much better product presentation wise but it was just missing far too much content and had far too many issues for me to use it.

Im sure however having said all of this that Zygor will fix the issues and add the missing content (we did after all pay for the leveling AND LOREMASTER guides) and it will become once again usable for future characters and I will continue to use it once some of these issues have been addressed.

The war between other guides and Zygor needs to end, speaking of a competing product should not be taboo and I for one would like to see Zygor and other guides 'shake hands' and maybe a joint ventures (I still want two separate products however) and maybe take a que from the pricing structure that other guides has provided.

As a customer for both products, I can say, having both gives you the best of both worlds. Each guide has unique benefits that make 'owning' both invaluable to my limited play time in WoW and in my experience of the different guide products, they each bring something different to the table.

Anyway, I continue to endorse Zygor, primarily because it has a better presentation but there are issues with pricing that put it out of range with most people's income (when I mention the pricing of both to other people, they scoff at the Zygor pricing structure).

I have no doubt the problems will be addressed and I look forward to using Zygor for the many alts I have as I just like the presentation more than other guides.
                      Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 25, 2014, 01:02 PM.
                      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                        There is no price difference offered in these bundles either, it's the same price, just bundled together.
                        This is part of the problem. The entire concept of a bundle is that you normally get a discount for buying everything at once. It seems rather odd to not only not offer a discount, but to point out you don't give one for those who are willing to buy them all at once in spite of the obvious quality issues atm.

Comment

We do offer bundle discounts for each guide type, when you buy the Alliance and Horde versions together.
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                          X