Guide not recognizing steps completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide not recognizing steps completed

I am questing in Talador. I updated the guide today and since then it will not recognize the steps that I am completing.

I can log out of the game and back in and it will catch up and show the steps completed and/or the correct information if the quest is in progress. (I have tried this twice).

It started about step 148.

Try reloading the guide at step 1 and then let it fast forward thru your completed steps to see if there was anything you might have missed or has been added.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I tried that also without success. As I am questing now I am manually forwarding it a couple steps and then it seems to work fine for a few steps then stops again. (The quests are active so it should be picking up my kills or other objectives)

I am on step 170 and it is working. I will continue questing and see if it was just a hiccup or if the problem continues.

Comment

Ok it appears to be sporadic at which quests it will track and which ones it won't. It has not tracked a named mob that I have killed at all, but will track some other types on and off. I haven't been able to detect a pattern.

Comment

Have you tried with all other addons disabled?

Comment

This is happening to me, also. It was fine until I quit Wow a couple of hours ago and installed 5.0.10934. When I logged back in, WoW was lagging and stuttering terribly until I hit the Z icon and dismissed the viewer. I'm in Tanaris at the moment and it won't recognise step completion (still telling me to get more hyena chunks when I've already got all of them), nor will it advance, even if I start from step 1 again. It's definitely something to do with this latest update because reverting to the previous version (from my nightly PC backup) fixes it.

Comment

Also happening to me after the last update. The viewer also seems to be broken if you show more than 2-3 steps. It doesn't resize the window as it should and it doesn't matter if you have it display the steps the normal way or upside down. I can't revert to an older version

Comment

Yep, seems guide is broken after last update or so.

Errors generated on version 5.0.10934

Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:721: ERROR in startup frame 6: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
                in
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: in function `UpdateFrameCurrent'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2630: in function `UpdateFrame'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1186: in function `FocusStepUnquiet'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1170: in function `FocusStep'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:974: in function `SetGuide'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:807: in function `OnFirstQuestLogUpdate'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:655: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:544>

Time: 11/23/14 07:28:24
                Count: 1
                Stack: [C]: ?
                [C]: in function `error'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:721: in function `StartupStep'
                Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua :6: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lu a:4>

Locals:
                Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: in function `UpdateFrameCurrent'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2630: in function `UpdateFrame'
                ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:790: in function `SetVerticalScroll'
                ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:2017: in function <...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFra me.lua:2016>
                [C]: in function `SetValue'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1861: in function `UpdateFrame'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1604: in function `?'
                ...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:53: in function <...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:
                Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1604: in function `?'
                ...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:53: in function <...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:

Time: 11/23/14 07:30:21
                Stack: (tail call): ?
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3727: in function `func'
                ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:793: in function `?'
                ...Tom\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...Tom\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
                [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
                [C]: ?
                [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
                ...Tom\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
                ...ace\AddOns\TomTom\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ace\AddOns\TomTom\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals: <none>
                Time: 11/23/14 07:31:06
                ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:280: in function <...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFra me.lua:266>

Locals:
                Last edited by odinsvalhalla; November 23, 2014, 07:34 AM. Reason: updated version

Comment

Me too.

Date: 2014-11-23 08:02:51
                  ID: 1
                  Error occured in: Global
                  Count: 41
                  Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 3084:
                  attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
                  Debug:
                  ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: UpdateFrameCurrent()
                  ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2630: UpdateFrame()
                  ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3846: Frame_OnShow()
                  ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:859:
                  ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:857
                  [C]: Show()
                  ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3371: ToggleFrame()
                  [string "*:OnClick"]:6:
                  [string "*:OnClick"]:1
                  Locals:
                  self = <table> {
                  CraptOnReload = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4997
                  LS = <table> {
                  }
                  Expansion_Cata = true
                  UPDATE_FACTION_Faction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:22 7
                  ICON_INDENT = 17
                  modules = <table> {
                  }
                  CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145
                  MarkUselessQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking. lua:572
                  GetTargetId = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua: 178
                  PopupHandler = <table> {
                  }
                  SetDisplayMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:1747
                  GoalOnLeave = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4006
                  CacheReputations = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:13 8
                  Profession_TRADE_SKILL_SHOW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :152
                  UpdateCartographerExport = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua: 1027
                  QUEST_PROGRESS = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestAutoAccep t.lua:400
                  Options_SetupBlizConfig = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:23 38
                  GetBugReport = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\BugReport.lua: 332
                  FakeCompleteQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4108
                  PerformTradeSkill = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :358
                  ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:92
                  OpenQuickStepMenu = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4221
                  SanitizeGuideTitle = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4540
                  WORLD_MAP_UPDATE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:3737
                  SaveDump = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\BugReport.lua: 745
                  registered_mapspotset_groups = <table> {
                  }
                  ModelsToNPCCounter = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Data\NPCModels _parse.lua:16
                  NotificationCenter = <table> {
                  }
                  db = <table> {
                  }
                  AssignButtonTexture = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua: 105
                  SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AffDots\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
                  IsVisible = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:3362
                  UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:5441
                  CurrentStep = <table> {
                  }
                  ConnectWaypointAddon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua: 24
                  MIN_STEP_HEIGHT = 12
                  ProfilerEnable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4708
                  Font = "Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\OpenSans .TTF"
                  STEP_SPACING = 2
                  Quest_GetCaptures = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking. lua:27
                  AddSkin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins.lua:43
                  UTILS = <table> {
                  }
                  questLogInitialized = true
                  DelayedShowReportDialog = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\BugReport.lua: 782
                  DumpMapIDsByName = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Parser.lua:127
                  DebugMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua: 600
                  NewModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AffDots\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:266
                  frameNeedsUpdating = true
                  PerformTradeSkillGoal = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :346
                  GetCurrentGuideNum = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:23 61
                  LOADING_SCREEN_DISABLED = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:749
                  GoalClickedTime = 346565.908
                  actionmeta = <table> {
                  }
                  GetWaypointAddon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua: 43

Comment

This is the error I got this morning after opening the world map:

Date: 2014-11-23 08:33:18
                    ID: 1
                    Error occured in: Global
                    Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 3868:
                    attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
                    Debug:
                    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3868: Frame_OnHide()
                    ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:854:
                    ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:852
                    [C]: Hide()
                    ..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1946: SetUIPanel()
                    ..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1789: ShowUIPanel()
                    ..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1709:
                    ..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1705
                    [C]: SetAttribute()
                    ..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2468: ShowUIPanel()
                    ..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2452: ToggleFrame()
                    ..\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:218: ToggleWorldMap()
                    [string "TOGGLEWORLDMAP"]:1:
                    [string "TOGGLEWORLDMAP"]:1
                    Locals:
                    self = <table> {
                    CraptOnReload = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4997
                    LS = <table> {
                    }
                    Expansion_Cata = true
                    UPDATE_FACTION_Faction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:22 7
                    ICON_INDENT = 17
                    modules = <table> {
                    }
                    CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Broker_Garrison\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145
                    MarkUselessQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking. lua:572
                    GetTargetId = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua: 178
                    PopupHandler = <table> {
                    }
                    SetDisplayMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:1747
                    GoalOnLeave = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4006
                    CacheReputations = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:13 8
                    Profession_TRADE_SKILL_SHOW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :152
                    Options_SetFromMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:20
                    UpdateCartographerExport = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua: 1027
                    QUEST_PROGRESS = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestAutoAccep t.lua:400
                    Options_SetupBlizConfig = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:23 38
                    GetBugReport = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\BugReport.lua: 332
                    FakeCompleteQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4108
                    autopause = false
                    lastskip_rec = 1
                    PerformTradeSkill = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :358
                    ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Broker_Garrison\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:92
                    OpenQuickStepMenu = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4221
                    SanitizeGuideTitle = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4540
                    WORLD_MAP_UPDATE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:3737
                    SaveDump = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\BugReport.lua: 745
                    }
                    ModelsToNPCCounter = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Data\NPCModels _parse.lua:16
                    FindTradeSkillNum = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :369
                    skillIDs = <table> {
                    }
                    }
                    db = <table> {
                    }
                    AssignButtonTexture = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua: 105
                    SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
                    IsVisible = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:3362
                    UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:5441
                    CurrentStep = <table> {
                    }
                    ConnectWaypointAddon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua: 24
                    MIN_STEP_HEIGHT = 12
                    ProfilerEnable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVie wer.lua:4708
                    STEP_SPACING = 2
                    lastwascompleted = false
                    lasttriedstep = <table> {
                    }
                    Quest_GetCaptures = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking. lua:27
                    questLogInitialized = true
                    UTILS = <table> {
                    }
                    DelayedShowReportDialog = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\BugReport.lua: 782
                    DumpMapIDsByName = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Parser.lua:127
                    DebugMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua: 600
                    NewModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:266
                    PerformTradeSkillGoal = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua :346
                    GetCurrentGuideNum = <function> defined @Interface\Ad

Comment

We are working on this. Please only post up the LUA errors from when just the guides are enabled and all other addons are disabled. This will help us to find the problem quicker.

Comment

Sorry, didn't realize how to get the LUA popup without swatter on. Anyway, this is what I got with everything else disabled.

Time: 11/23/14 12:40:27
                        Count: 24
                        Stack: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: in function `UpdateFrameCurrent'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3727: in function `func'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:793: in function `?'
                        ...wer\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...wer\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
                        [C]: ?
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
                        ...wer\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
                        ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals: <none>

Time: 11/23/14 12:39:40
                        Stack: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3084: in function `UpdateFrameCurrent'
                        ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:790: in function `SetVerticalScroll'
                        ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:2017: in function <...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFra me.lua:2016>
                        [C]: in function `SetValue'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1861: in function `UpdateFrame'
                        ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:1065: in function <...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFra me.lua:875>

Locals: self = <table> {
                        LS = <table> {
                        }
                        Expansion_Cata = true
                        ICON_INDENT = 17
                        modules = <table> {
                        }
                        CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:161
                        PopupHandler = <table> {
                        }
                        ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:108
                        }
                        }
                        db = <table> {
                        }
                        SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
                        CurrentStep = <table> {
                        }
                        MIN_STEP_HEIGHT = 12
                        STEP_SPACING = 2
                        UTILS = <table> {
                        }
                        AddSkin

Time: 11/23/14 12:39:40
                        Count: 2
                        ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:1065: in function <...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFra me.lua:875>

Locals: self = <table> {
                        LS = <table> {
                        }
                        Expansion_Cata = true
                        ICON_INDENT = 17
                        modules = <table> {
                        }
                        CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:161
                        PopupHandler = <table> {
                        }
                        ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:108
                        }
                        }
                        db = <table> {
                        }
                        SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
                        CurrentStep = <table> {
                        }
                        MIN_STEP_HEIGHT = 12
                        STEP_SPACING = 2
                        UTILS = <table> {
                        }

Comment

Something like Swatter is fine for making catching the LUA errors easier. We use BugSack/BugGrabber for catching the LUA errors when testing.

Comment

Working...
                          X