Profiles need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profiles need help

The way the profiles are done is really clunky and difficult. I know I hammer you guys a lot on things but I can't be sorry. I pay for this and I expect it to be as perfect as it can be. One of the things I find really irritating is the profile feature.

I want to be able to set a profile . . . location on the screen, scale, visibility, number of quests shown, orientation (upside down) and visibility in combat. Those are my must-have set and I want it to be AUTOMATIC. Like SexyMap, I want a global profile that with one click sets the profile and provides the setup to reload the UI and an interface that allows me to delete profiles.

Here's what happens now, and why I find it so awkward and unfriendly.

I log into a toon (new or one I haven't run in a while) and I get a collection of stuff on the screen. TMW comes up and I can exit it without issue. Recount comes up and I can exit it. Bartender has a global profile I set and at the same time I delete the profile that was auto-generated for that toon. The way Bartender works is lovely.

I can set SexyMap but if I do it before I "fix" Zygor I don't get the reload UI I need to bump Zygor into following the profile I want set. So first, I have to deal with Zygor.

The welcome splash screen is up for Zygor. This is a totally unnecessary step and is just an ego display. It can go away. I have two profiles set, one that's a don't want or need but can't get rid of, and one that has my preferences set. I load the one I want but it doesn't give me what the profile actually has set, it gives me crap that overlaps other things on my screen.

WoWScrnShot_112314_100354.jpg

If I were showing this to you with one of my upper level toons you'd see it overlaps my vehicle and pet bars and my extra action button. Ugh.

Now if I set SexyMap I'll get a UI reload that finishes my layout. I don't have to worry about my bag UI as it's one setup for all which is lovely. Ditto for Titan.

This is the result of the UI reload.

WoWScrnShot_112314_100710.jpg

The Zygor interface STILL isn't where it belongs but it's at least the right scale and orientation. I now have to drag it down and right so it sits where it belongs on my screen, nestled into the corner between bar 10 and the pet bar.

WoWScrnShot_112314_101109.jpg

So, global layout/config, please. Some way to edit and/or over-write profiles. Some way to remove profiles. And dump the unnecessary splash screen. It's a vanity thing that's an unnecessary click. I think I covered everything regarding initial setup and profiles.
    Last edited by siofral; November 23, 2014, 12:18 PM.

I will add this to the list of improvement suggestions for the team. Just so you know, we do have it that you can type /re into the chat at any time to reload the UI. You can also use Blizzard's default /reload command to reload the UI at any time.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for adding my 'wouldya wouldya' to your developer's list.

Comment

Working...
      X