Blasted Lands a Blasted pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasted Lands a Blasted pain!

Time to rethink the last two levels before Outlands. There is no longer a portal to Blasted Lands in Orgrimmar for us Hordies. This left me with a Zeppelin ride and a long cross country trek through hostile terrain (one shotted three times by Alliance NPCs in one short section. It would have been more sensible for me to stay in Ungoro for the last couple levels as all this journeying took so long I would have gained a level just staying where I was, and I knew exactly where I was going, good luck to the Newbs. Didn't know about the portal till I got to Org. and I checked online for confirmation.

Don

There is an NPC at the border of BL and SoS that you can talk to and she will revert BL back to pre-WoD phase so you can quest and have the portal to Hellfire.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Not the portal to Hellfire that's the problem, it's the portal from Orgrimmar to Blasted Lands. It's no longer there, and the guide sends you to Org. to find it. Without that portal, Blasted Lands isn't worth doing for two levels. Better to just grind it out in the Kalimdor zones.

Comment

Seconded. Guide is pointing us to the non-existent Blasted Lands portal in Orgrimmar. However, looking at the patch notes, it appears that a portal to Blasted Lands was added on the 21 November next to Khadgar in Orgrimmar but it requires a realm restart.

Actually, I've just hoofed it from Grom'gol to Blasted Lands. As soon as you enter Duskwood, take a right into the fields and hug the hills on your right. This will take you straight to the entrance to Deadwind Pass without encountering any Alliance NPCs. It only took about 5 minutes from Grom'gol.
        Last edited by mzanker; November 25, 2014, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Portal now added, but it's only for level 90 characters. So it seems there's no longer a portal to Blasted Lands for lower-level characters

Comment

WoWScrnShot_112814_174138.jpg

This is where the portal problem starts. This happens when the guide send you to level in Kalimdor (different continent) when you reach the 54 lvl end. To level in the Eastern kingdom, choose "Blasted Lands (57-60)". Would be great, if the addon would do it automaticly.

Thank you!

Comment

What zone were you questing in before getting this step? Which zone are you standing in for that picture? And which portal is it trying to direct you to?
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It looks like the travel system is trying to use the portal from Blasted Lands to Orgrimmar which was implemented with the Iron Horde invasion prequest (at the starting point to which the portal from SW / Orgrimmar now lead to).
                However this portal may not be available when being in phased into the "original" Blasted Lands to do the old quests there.

Comment

The thread seems to have gotten off from the actual topic of the OP. And it seems the guides have been already updated to not expect a BL portal for sub-90s.

I believe however the OPs actual intent is that BL itself may no longer be effective for fast leveling for Horde as the travel time involved to get to BL in the first place might be more effectively used in the area you are already near. Pre-Zygor I always hopped directly to Hellfire at 58 anyway. Since we can now portal direct to Hellfire from Org perhaps the flow would be better to have the preceding guides keep you in place until you hit 58 and then skip BL altogether.

Through the Dark Portal (9407) and Warchief's Command: Outland (28705) are mututally exclusive breadcrumbs that lead to Outland so BL is simply not necessary.

Comment

I don't know how the Horde guide looks now but in the past the Hellfire guide pretty soon used level 59 or 60 quests and movin to Hellfire with level 58 without heirlooms resulted in problems.
                    The Alliance guide apparently has been reworked, the quests against the Burning Legion in the north are not even part of the leveling guide anymore and I think other higher level quests are far enough back in the guide to not cause trouble when switching to Outlands at 58.

Comment

Working...
                    X