Issue with Waypoint Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Waypoint Arrow

The arrow is always red and points to me. I can click on it and for a brief second or so it changes to green and points in the correct direction - then immediately goes red again and points to me. I am using the latest version as of today 5.0.10995.

I can't seem to see any options that will fix this.

If you are using another map or minimap addon this may interfere with the guide. Please try with all addons but the Zygor guide disabled.

If this does not help, is there a certain zone where it happens? There were recently problems with the Worgen starting zone (but accoding to the patch notes they should have been sorted out).

Comment

Just spent 20 mins unloading every addon but my UI - which is named LUI. It does indeed change the mini map. I am right at the creation of my garrison. Just running down to the beach - step 20 of the Shadowmoon Valley guide. With my reloading of all my addons - the guide now changes to green - asks me to leave the garrison and keep telling me to do it over and over again.

This issue is partially a Zygor issue - all 37 other of my addons work fine together. The Guide is the only one that does not. Perhaps you could look at your code and try to determine why you don't work well with others?

While I appreciate that other addons are beyond your control - this issue makes the guide rather crippled.

Comment

Now that I am away from the garrison area (Stormshield) the way point arrow is working fine. Perhaps you have an issue with the phasing at the garrison?

Comment

Try doing a full guide wipe/reset.

1. Exit WoW
          2. Go to the WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
          3. Go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
          4. Run the installer client and install a fresh copy of the guides
          5. Go back in game and see if that fixed it
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The travel system may be confused especially when doing the quest at the beach.
            The garrison zone is a bit larger than the garrison itself. So sometimes when you are not following the path the guide tells you to take it thinks you are still inside the garrison and tells you to leave the garrison.
            The reason for this is that the travel system not only uses the destination and point towards it but often uses waypoints between your position and the destination to direct you to follow a certain path which may not be a straight line to avoid mobs or unpassable areas.

Comment

Working...
            X