Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkmoon Faire Profession Quests Guide Improvements and Issues

Version 5.0.1173
    Step 21 (buy a fishing pole) of the DMF Quest Guide is unnecessary. A fishing pole is not required for fishing anymore.

Step 22 (Do the fishing) should be moved to later in the guide. Its inefficient to run to the other end of the island to do fishing right after the frogs when there's quests for many people (first aid, skinning, herbalism) right behind the frog guy. First Aid and skinning are done right there by the quest giver and herbalism can be done along the way to the other quests including fishing.

An intermittent and unpredictable amount of time this guide doesn't work at all. E.g. I camped my skinning/leatherworking toon in the middle of the guide (around Step 21 in fact). When I came back the guide jumped to Step 32 and wants me to do the tailoring quest which I neither have nor can get. It also pops up with the "You've reached the end of the guide" popup. No combination of special clicking (right, Ctrl, Ctrl-Alt) will make it work. It will change step numbers but no data is displayed.

This has occurred intermittently on several chars with several different profs this week and was occurring before the 11073 update today.

Also, is there a reason that the DMF Quests and DMF Dailies aren't in the same guide? It would be even more efficient to do the whole thing in one pass from one end of the island to the other.
    Last edited by Mellesande; December 8, 2014, 06:19 PM.

I've added this to our list so the fishing aspects can be fixed.

For the problem you are seeing with the on and off working have you tried to go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files to reset the guides? That might help.

The Dailies guide is separated in order to make doing the daily quests easier. The regular quests you do once but the daily quests can be repeated during the entire event.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I haven't tried a cache clear. I think I have a toon left who hasn't done the faire this week. I'll try that and I'll compare Granamere's observation about the flour and see if I can find anything else useful.

On the topic of combining them I'm still curious, your guides have the ability to see if a quest has been completed and jump over the step, at least that's been my experience. I guess I still don't understand why you couldn't combine them and it would auto skip the prof quests if you've already done them that week.

This part isn't a complaint, just a curiosity that's always nagged at me (same with Tillers and the Ironpaw).
      Last edited by Mellesande; December 9, 2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

It's just that when we first created the event guides we put the dailies in a separate guide and we put achievements in a separate guide. We just split them up like that when they were created to have smaller guides to help make them easier to maintain.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I nuked the files you suggested. It had no effect on the issue. I think that the primary problem is profession detection

1. The Horde version of Darkmoon_Faire_Quests starting at line 212 of ZygorIncludesHorde.lua does not contain all the same quests as alliance. Its missing the archeaology profession quest, Test Your Strength and all the dungeon and pvp collection stuff. It also does not have a profession skill check on line 387 which is the Plant the Banner step. This is why a Horde guide jumps directly to the Plant the Banner step and dies whereas the Alliance guide jumps to Test Your Strength and continues on with the dungeon item collection and so on.

2. Both guides seem to be skipping the profession quests entirely now with no intermittance. I can show that quest detection is working because Alliance toons that do not have Test Your Strength start with the step to go get it. Those that have it auto complete that step (goes green) and jumps to the next appropriate step.

To check my theory I loaded a profession guides for professions that I already have. They all try to send me to go train the skill.

Therefore I suggest that profession detection is broken.

Comment

Working...
          X