Routing towards Draenor at level 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Routing towards Draenor at level 90

I just loaded up another twink and the travel system at the start of the Tanaan Jungle guide is a bit weird.

First of all at step 2 (talk to Khadgar) it suggests to take a flight to Duskwook and fly down to Blasted Lands myself (comfortable routing, estimated travel time over 3 minutes) or even only points towards Blasted Lands (fastest option, about 2:30 minutes).

But in the lower level of the mage tower I can use the portal to Blasted Lands.
    Or the even better solution, talk to Khadgar in SW (73,72, next to the board and a Blasted Lands portal).
    As talking to him takes you to Tanaan Jungle there's no need to travel to BL.

And finally Khadgar is also standing in front of the shrine in Vale of Eternal Blossom in Pandaria.

Sounds like Blizzard added him in at a few locations to make it easier. Maybe the one in BL is just for the new boosted 90s as that is where they enter the game. Maybe the content team can put in a little router at the very beginning of the Tanaan guides. Something like click here if you boosted your character to 90 or click here if you leveled to 90 the traditional way. Then the boosted route could point to the BL Khadgar as you spawn into the game for the first time as a boosted 90 right there at him and the other option would point you to the Khadgar in SW/Org (there's probably one there too). I'll let the team know.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It wasn't a boosted character, I still have my free boost available

I too did not know Blizzard also put a Khadgar into SW but the one in Pandaria was put there I think a day or two after WoD launched because the one in Blasted Lands was overrun by players.

I only noticed the one in SW because of WoW putting a big yellow dot there, the same one that marks other quest NPCs and mobs.
      Before I used the Blasted Lands portal as told by the travel system.

But now the travel system did not even make use of the Blasted Lands portal. That's the main reason why I reported this. It seems the guide is not using the portal from SW to Blasted Lands anymore.
      In the libRover data I was only able to find the portal from Orgrimmar to Blasted Lands but not the one from SW.

Using Khadgar in SW is an option to save a few seconds, more important should be to check that the SW to Blasted Lands portal is working as traveling down there takes quite a while.

Comment

Working...
      X