Meet with Gazlowe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet with Gazlowe

I am wasting perfectly good xp buff to post this. I am wasting a LOT of time posting stuff that should work and doesn't.

I had new weapons so I hearthed to my garrison to reequip. A buddy got on and wanted to run lowbies so I logged out. When I logged back in this morning, finished my dailies and pulled up the guide it had me hearth to my base in Talador then it had me fly to one spot, then another spot only to find out I can't get to where I'm supposed to go for the second spot unless I jump to my death (always a treat) or run through enemy lines. SO unnecessary. And now that I'm where I'm supposed to be by a mere 3 yards, it turns out Blizz won't let you cross that magical line so I'm where I need to be ALMOST thanks to a guide that is repeatedly absolutely abysmal at guiding.

The gearing guide still totally sucks.

The flight plans are wrong about 10% of the time (yes, I HAVE that flight path, thank you SO much for wasting my time)

The directions hang unless you run DIRECTLY over the spot and even then sometimes they don't release and now I can't even click them off using the map.

There's so much wrong with this iteration of the guide I'm wondering if you had trained monkeys doing the testing before release.

Now I'm going to hearth back to my garrison because I can't get out of where I am without doing that, and fly back to the RIGHT point to start this quest. ARG.
    Last edited by siofral; December 16, 2014, 01:12 PM.

Which guide and step? Alliance or Horde? What quests are in your log? What magical line can't you cross? When you're in game and you open the guide selection window what does it display for the guide version? While a nice post, it says a lot without giving any details that might useful in figuring out what your problems are and how to fix them.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Horde. Please note, I update Zygor EVERY morning before I touch blizz.net. I update anything on Curse EVERY morning before I touch Blizz.net. If I shut down during the day to do RL stuff I check for updates before I start back up. Old ver is not an issue.

Now that I'm less frustrated/angry/upset/bent (pick your adjective), I can back up and provide a little detail. First the guide had me fly into the little tiny outpost outside Shattrath, the one from which you ride the mechanical shredder to kill the 200 Iron Horde. I want to say Durotan's Grasp but that may not be correct. The quest giver for that shredder quest is Gazlowe.

Then the guide had me fly again (why not direct I cannot say) to Shattrath. The flight point in Shattrath is WAY up in the air. There are two ways down, take the elevator (what I did) or jump. The elevator was clearly the wrong choice as it put my toon in the midst of the iron horde that would be mowed down by the rolly wheel/ball thing. I tried to get to Gazlowe but there is an invisible barrier between his position with the rolly ball thingy (please note highly technical term) and the closest I could get to him from the Shattrath/docks side.

IF the guide directs players to the Shattrath flight point to do this scenario it MUST have them go to the back of that platform AWAY from Gazlowe's position, hang a left over the edge and wind their way down the hill to the bottom. It is MUCH faster just to fly to Durotan's Grasp, pop a ground mount and run to Gazlowe. MUCH faster. Shattrath flight point may be closer but it's not faster.

And, the gearing guide still sucks, is still totally unreliable and still frustrates the hell out of me. At some point I am going to stop living in hope that it will actually (someday soon but SO not holding my breath) be fixed to provide actual value and instead wise up and turn it off as the lost cause it appears to be.

Okay, maybe I'm not done being angry. grrr

Comment

I know there is still some polishing being done on the Horde side of the guides and this should hopefully be taken care of with that. If it's just for that one quest that you have to route carefully there will probably be some extra arrow guidance step lines added in to help direct around the right way.

I do know the new version of the gear guide is currently going thru internal testing. It should fix all of the gearing issues you've seen and as long as no one finds anything outrageously wrong with the internal testing that should be released before too long.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X