Dissatisfied Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissatisfied Customer

OK let me start with I have in the past been a pretty serious supporter of the zygor guides. I have recommended it to a lot of my friends who play wow. I even bought the Wildstar and ESO guides (which are now gone from the zygor installer?!?)

I have been fully satisfied with the previous expansion's versions of the guides. This expansion is different. The guides are not optimized. They do not level you the fastest way possible. They do not do what they are supposed to do. The travel system tries to send me to flight points that I have not learned.

Many people have posted questions and comments about the routes and methods of leveling. I think I have been spoiled with previous versions of the guides so I had high expectations for these guides.

Thank You for the Past Guides,
    Bill

The Travel System sending you to flights you don't know yet is a new bug with the 6.1 patch that we are investigating to get fixed. We are always looking at ways to optimize the leveling paths so there's a good chance they will be changed and have what you feel is missing added in.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

OK I am glad you are working on the bug but, what about the cases of turn in one quest fly back to my garrison, grab a quest, fly back to where I just came from and turn in a quest that was done before I flew away the first time and then run out to do some kill quest? The profession quest thing seems like it was just kluged in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by billyb3 View Post
        what about the cases of turn in one quest fly back to my garrison, grab a quest, fly back to where I just came from and turn in a quest that was done before
        I leveled 6 Alliance characters to level 100 so far and never had the feeling I was traveling around more than necessary.
        While questing through a zone you normally don't go back to your garrison (except for the Shadowmoon guide which has the profession quests and Stormshield breadcrums inside).
        However there seems to be an issue with the Telaari station, I saw that the guide wanted me to use the garison hearthstone and fly back to Nagrand to turn in quests instead of using the normal hearthstone set to Telaari. But in other zones everything worked as expected.

Comment

I have not leveled my ally toon yet. I have leveled 3 horde to 100 and 6 others to various levels between 90 and 95. I have experienced it on several of them. If you want examples I can only say try starting a horde toon at 90 with a couple professions and level it to 100 and see how many times you end up in your garrison.

The travel system also tells me to hearth to my garrison a lot. I pretty much just ignore it when it turns into the hearth symbol and open the map and path my self to the next dot. Which first off i shouldn't have to do and secondly can be a pain in the fingers since the maps in WoD are overly segmented.

Thanks,
          Bill

Comment

What are your Travel System settings?

Comment

ZygorTravelSettings.jpg
              Here is a screen Shot

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if lazy is causing this. What happens if you set the route preference to fastest?

Comment

I have leveled 3 horde to 100 and 6 others to various levels between 90 and 95.
                  [...]
                  If you want examples I can only say try starting a horde toon at 90 with a couple professions
                  OK, I did not try Horde yet, I only played a Horde character until unlocking the garrison.
                  But as you mention the professions, the initial profession quests send you around a lot and it's possible that depending on which professions you have that it sends you a bit back and forth.
                  I leveled most of my characters that have crafting professions before these quest chains were put into the guide and only one character with the first iteration of the profession quests in the guide and at that time the routing for these quests was really not optimal. It immediately sent me around Shadowmoon but it would have been better to do the profession quests along with the leveling quests nearby. However I don't know if there has been changed something about the profession quests since. And if they are not done immediately there would be players complaing why the guide waits so long.
                  I even would skip the profession quests now and wait until I can unlock the level 2 garrison at level 92, then you get all level 1 blueprints anyway.

The travel system also tells me to hearth to my garrison a lot.
                  As I stated before I noticed that in Nagrand with an Alliance character, the guide seems to have a problem with the normal hearthstone if it's set to Tellari Station.
                  Maybe on Horde side there's a something similar.
                  Also going to the garrison and flying back can be faster than running around all the obstacles Blizzard put into the zones. Next time in Nagrand I'll keep an eye on the calculated travel time when the guide suggests the garrison hearthstone, maybe the the guide calculates them based on flight times that are shorter than the real flight times. Blizzard recently messed around with some flight paths and now some take even longer than before...

Comment

Working...
                  X