Downloading AH data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading AH data

How often is your data updated? I downloaded the new client yesterday and enabled automatic downloads but the auction data hasn't changed since that first download. In fact, none of the files in

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Data
    \Gold>

have changed at all.

This is a great question. I would also like to know how often the auction house data is updated via the zygor client. The Tradeskillmaster addon updates auction house data every 1 hour automatically. (the tradeskillmaster app)

Comment

It's important to understand the two types of data used by gold addons:

Historical - A record of the Auction House over time (3-4 weeks)
      Current prices - An up to the minute snapshot of all the latest postings and prices.

The external data is historical and doesn't need to be updated as frequently. Things don't change that quickly HISTORICALLY.

However, current prices change by the minute. People are buying off auctions, posting new ones, ect. Even if we sent out hourly updates with the client it would still be hour old in-game and would have a higher chance of being wrong. So we take a different approach. For current prices you'll just need to run a 5-10 second in-game scan.

This makes our guides more reliable and lowers the chance they will tell you something only for you to find out that things have changed and the information is no longer accurate.

For more info: http://zygorguides.com/launch/?subac...&id=1423656104
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Where is this 5-10 second in game scan? Even when just scanning my bags the items i can sell take about 10 MINUTES to scan through everything.. am I doing something wrong?

Comment

This may just be a result of the AH being very busy for most servers right now with the new expansion. Try disabling all other addons to test if that reduces the time when it's only Zygor running.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by jackroyal View Post
            Where is this 5-10 second in game scan? Even when just scanning my bags the items i can sell take about 10 MINUTES to scan through everything.. am I doing something wrong?
            The scanning used to be a lot faster before patch 7.0. That's why I referenced 5-10 second scans. Blizzard made extensive changes to what addons were allowed to do and as a result the scanning now must take much longer.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
            X