Farming guide recommendations : comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming guide recommendations : comment

I have not extensively tested this but the two I have have failed miserably.

The mob kill rate in the two I tried was severely over estimated - the reality is slower than the guide estimate, therefore the gold per hour return is lower than claimed in the guide.

Couple of other comments in addition - minor issues

The Shadowmoon Valley farming pathing for Elekk meat, sumptuous fur travels through alliance controlled villages ... not good for horde side to farm ... pathing needs wider berth away from villages

The Stranglethornvale farming for Wildvine/Wool/Silk/Mageweave ... no mageweave dropped in a 45m test run and the wool/silk proportions significantly different - almost reversed in drop rate

If I can be bothered I will retest for longer and test other recommendations but at first glance not a great result

Key thing to know: the farming rates are based on the kill rate of a level 100 character. Generally there's not much sense using the farming and gathering sections before then because your kill rate will be slower. If you're not 100, you could try switching to one of the items in a lower level zone that's still high on the list.

EDIT: Guide names are listed in order of drop rate and value of the items. In the case of the Stranglethorn guide:

The results show the drop rate of 1 full hour of farming this route on a level 100 character with full flying mount speed. As we see, this is foremost a Silk Cloth guide, but you also get Wool cloth and a tiny bit of Mageweave (only 8 pieces in 1 hr).

Now, as to why you got more Wool Cloth than Silk, that is very strange, and we will look into this for you.
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; March 6, 2015, 08:47 AM.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by c1c42e48 View Post
      The Shadowmoon Valley farming pathing for Elekk meat, sumptuous fur travels through alliance controlled villages … not good for horde side to farm ... pathing needs wider berth away from villages
      I haven't had a chance to test actual vs. claimed estimates for farming yet, but I can confirm the path through Shadowmoon takes you through Alliance villages. Not ideal for farming once you're flagged PvP.

Comment

I would like to echo what others said about horde paths. Perhaps modify the routes based on the player faction.

Comment

Agreed, I tried this route with a lvl 100 BE hunter, and landed right in the middle of an alliance area, very interesting for a minute or two.

I farmed there for about 20 minutes and made about 87 gold, so not so bad, but I could probably have dome just as well without the guide. I want the guide for the auction house feature really, not farming. But that is not so good, and a little confusing.

Comment

Working...
          X