Farming Suggestions &tips guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming Suggestions &tips guide

I recently bought this gold guide and have been using it a lot lately. I have noticed a lot of people on the forums stating stuff about how off the farming runs are for cloth, leather etc. I think it would be very beneficial if the guide gave suggestions on what type of class/spec would be the most efficient for different farming runs and such. I am sure there are lots of other people like me who aren't really sure what's best for farming. (Mostly those buying these guides) I understand all classes and such can be used for farming and that level 100 is always the fastest out of any levels. However giving suggestions in the farming guide saying

*for example "For most optimal speed use Class Lvl 100"

Add tips like
    *Grab 3 or 4 mobs at a time before killing to speed it up
    etc

Most farming guides I have bought in the past suggest what classes work best/faster than others for certain things. This goes for all mmorpgs I've played.

What kind of trinkets/clickies should I carry that could help give me the edge to go even faster.

What foods would also increase my edge?

Lots of little tips & tricks would be nice to see in the farming guide instead of just a route or area saying go here kill that and nothing else. Another reason is I could be hampering my farming speed severely using a DeathKnight instead of a hunter or warlock or some other class. What the guide says would take an unknown class/lvl to farm in 40 minutes might actually take the class I'm using an hour and a half.

Originally posted by Cypriss44 View Post
    What kind of trinkets/clickies should I carry that could help give me the edge to go even faster.

What foods would also increase my edge?

Lots of little tips & tricks would be nice to see in the farming guide instead of just a route or area saying go here kill that and nothing else. Another reason is I could be hampering my farming speed severely using a DeathKnight instead of a hunter or warlock or some other class. What the guide says would take an unknown class/lvl to farm in 40 minutes might actually take the class I'm using an hour and a half.
    As a wow veteran of 10 years I can say that learning what to bring to a farming route can take some time to learn, so here is my tip.

1. Always go dps spec. My main is a bear tank and obviously tank damage is so much lower so depending on which farm spot I do I go to kitty or boomkin. (one of my spots needs a ranged just because of mobs abilities)

2. If you do any sort of raiding you should know what food to bring to up your damage whether it gives you multi or versatility or any others. If you need help figuring out which is best there are the forums on blizzard's website where people will gladly help you figure out which to make.

3. Flasks are also beneficial, there are strength, agility, and intellect flasks will will increase base damage for 1 hour and persist through death. On my server each runs for about 10-15g depending on the day and time.

4. Treasure finding. If you are farming in Pandaria I would suggest getting a [Potion of Luck] or if you are in cata zones [Potion of Treasure Finding] as these give a chance to drop treasure chests containing elements, cloth, gold, and greens.

If you have any other questions just reply to thread :-)

Comment

thanks for the tips! these are the types of things I would love to see in the guide as I am basically new to wow. I've never raided before. My highest is currently my level 64 DeathKnight. I grew up on Ultima online and Everquest.

Comment

Working...
      X