Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Issue With Flightpoints

Hello:

First I would like to say that Zygor Guides are very good (although I do come across some inaccurate directions from time to time). That being said, I do have one issue with the guide concerning flight points.

I'll give you an example (I play Alliance by the way):

I was in Western Plaguelands, when I "dinged" and reached a level in which the guide asked me if I wanted to proceed to the Eastern Plaguelands.

I elected to choose that option and the guide directed me to go to the closest Flight Master (I forget which one... but it was the one closest to me... it might have been Chilliwind Camp) and fly to the Thondroril River Flight Master (the Flight Master next to Fiona's Caravan).

That would have been great, however, there was one slight problem... I didn't have the Thondroril River flight path yet!

And I've noticed that throughout the guides. When you switch the guide to a new zone it tells you to fly to such and such a point... but you can't fly from point A to point B, because even though you might have flight path A, you haven't gotten the flight path to point B yet.

This is problematic because throughout WoW Classic, you are restricted to ground mounts... I need directions on how to get to different flight paths while I am using a ground mount. Then I can use directions on where to fly.

And that's a bit of an "issue" for me.

That's all... have a nice day!

There was a bug where the guide told you to use flight paths you did not have.
    This should have been fixed three days ago.
    I tried setting manual waypoints anywhere on the world map (holding SHIFT while clicking on the map) and the travel system did not use unknwon flight paths, it always calculated the route using transition points between zones when necessary.
    It may be possible to open a flight master map to let the guide know your unlocked flight points.

Please check your installed guide version (lower left corner of the guide selection screen), current version is 5.0.11619.
    If the problem persists with this version you can try renaming the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file in the WoW\WFT\Account\Accountname\SavedVariables folder. This will reset all guide options, that's why I suggest renaming it, if this does not help you can delete the new file and rename the old one back.

BTW, unless you outlevel the guide massively it may be better to stay inside a zone. As long as you don't run into grey mobs and quests you still get enough XP to level fast but reduce your travel times. From time to time you can then simply skip a whole zone.

Comment

Working...
    X